1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Monoposto Subframe Cost

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Russell, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Just a quick question.

How much should I be looking at spending for a good condition used Monoposto subframe?

it’s been 10 plus years since I last bought one...

#1 Russell, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  2. You need to sit down. IMO, the later (post 2001), braced, mono rear subframe for the 748R is the one to go for if you can find one and expect to pay around £200. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  3. i would have thought youd be lucky at that price.. the mono ones i was seeing on ebay a few years back were 250 -300 ish

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys. It’s been a while since I last bought one. I’ve been offered a standard Mono frame for £400 delivered from Holland. Can’t help but think it’s a bit steep...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. does sound a lot but it wouldnt surprise me if the going rate was in that ball park (hopefully it aint!!).
    good luck with the hunt and if i see one in my looking for stuff, i'll give you a shout.

• Like Like x 1
  6. How much is the Febur one going for nowadays?

7. what about @JoeC ? sort of thing he probably has kicking about..

8. Ouch ! That’s very steep. Not much on eBay today, just the one late rear sub frame from the US but that’ll work out a lot more expensive with postage and import tax (and VAT). Good luck with your search. Andy

9. Meh, I have one but saving it for a track build!

10. I've sold two in the past year for around £250ish I paid £350 for my late 748r one, from the US so more pricey after tax etc but they are quite rare.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  11. come on now... you are supposed to be scaling down no?

12. seems they are like sharks eye brows these days..
    maybe @kev moose ?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yep, gonna end up with one road bike, one track bike and one piece of art!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Moto wheels still sell um in the states. Good to deal with.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. just got an aluminium one off boonstra in Holland for 225 euro about 3 weeks ago ! So much lighter than the standard biposto unit .

DSC_0156.JPG

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Nah, but thanks anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. you done real well at that price!! very nice scooter you have there too!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Get yours sorted, we're all waiting.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. im on it!!! kinda.... times is tough at the min.. i have a swing arm pivot shaft on the way though so thats a start!!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information