1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Monster 1100 Evo, Low Miles, Sparkling Condition.

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Vin73, Jul 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *** No longer for sale ***

Hi all

My Monster 1100 Evo with just 4,178 miles is available. Comes with Termigoni's and is standard apart from the addition of the EP exhaust hanger and belly pan. Had a dealer make a solid but slightly low offer. Would like to see this bike go straight to a new owner to be honest, as its a rare and cracking machine.

The bike is absolutely gleaming. It has just been carefully and painstakingly detailed. Paint work has a real deep shine.

It's got a fresh filter and oil in it, along with fresh brake fluid. It runs sweet and sounds very impressive!

A couple of things it does require, which can be sorted ahead of a sale or sold with these in mind - The bar grips are Oxford heated. I removed the Oxford grip heater and removed the cables after I bought the bike direct from Ducati in Carlisle. A new set of grips will finish it off nicely.
    MoT - Needs one. The bike has not left my property in ~3 years, been dry stored, cleaned, oil changed and engine run every 2-3 weeks that's it. Last MoT it passed as expected. It will pass when put through. If anyone is interested, I can get it done in advance of completion of the sale.
    Belts - Been on there since I bought the bike from Ducati who changed them for my purchase. As mentioned, bike has been dry stored, run regulary for 5-6 minutes. They have done just under 1,000 miles (bike bought with 3,192 miles covered, now 4,178). But going by the recommendations, should be changed on age and for peace of mind.

Overall condition is stunning. It really is impressive and lovely to look at. There are no scratches, chips, cracks, blemishes on the bike. I am very particular on condition and I would have to say it is easily 9/10. Maybe 9.5.

The tyres have been overinflated by 12-15 PSI for storage and its been wheeled around the garage a fair bit. They look to be in pretty much new condition, very little if any signs of wear.

I am selling as I simply do not use the bike, due to time and other commitments. I would keep it, but it's going to waste in my ownership when someone else will love to own it and use it as it should be.

£6,500, as is, no offers. Looking at the other Monster 1100's, given its condition, mileage, the Termingoni's, it's now priced very keenly. The others look messed with and paintwork in the photos of those bikes doesn't look great.

A Monster 1100 Evo in this condition with these miles is a rare, if not unique find.

Spring and summer coming, freedom too! This bike will make someone very happy.

IMG_20200717_203808.jpg

IMG_20200717_213503.jpg

IMG_20200717_213619.jpg

IMG_20200717_213645.jpg

IMG_20200717_213710.jpg

IMG_20200717_214344.jpg

IMG_20200717_214408.jpg

IMG_20160424_170340.jpg

IMG_20160424_170359.jpg

IMG_20160424_170433_1.jpg

IMG_20160424_170439.jpg

#1 Vin73, Jul 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Sorry if I missed this in your write up but what year is the bike please?

3. It’s 2012 from autotrader ad.

4. Yes, its registered July 2012.

5. Gorgeous! Maybe instead of selling my Yamaha Super Tenere and buying a Multistrada 1200S, I should keep my SuperTen and buy this Monster!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Having owned both a Multi and 1100 Monster I would say definitely keep the Yamaha and buy the Monster. The Multi is more capable but Monster will make you happier , its so much more fun IMO.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. It looks even better in the flesh! It's a great looking bike.

8. Aside from the looks I think the big air cooled monsters are about as much fun as you can have on a bike and without having to worry about clipping the apex, how fast did I go etc......

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Agree, its a fantastic ride, but sadly not one I have made the most of mileage wise. Of all the bikes i have had, which were mainly all sports bikes, the Monster and the Bandit 1200 were the most rideable and fun, largely due to the riding position for me. Handling and performance of a Monster 1100 is far superior to the Bandit though. And this is the last of the big air cooled Ducati's right?

10. @Vin73 The same engine is in the Scrambler but with less power now presumably for emission reasons.

11. Ok, I haven't looked into the Scrambler, but good to know air cooled is still out there.

12. Fantastic bike ... I’ve got one and hanging on to it, that 100bhp air cooled engine is just the best.

I was in Ducati Nottingham last week and they had exactly the same spec as yours for £7495, I thought It that was a bit steep but they sold it within a week.

GLWS

13. Wow, I think they were 9k new in 2012!. I remember test riding one and quite liked it. They offered me 3k for my street triple, the monster wasn't 3x as good.
    Going by these prices I reckon my 796 has gone up in value.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I have one, looks beautiful. Where did you get the belly pan and tank pad?

15. Bellypan I got from here, in my view, worth the money for the fuller look and finish it gives the Evo. https://www.skidmarx.co.uk/belly-pans/ducati-monster-1100-evo-v-twin-bellypan-
    Fitting is straightforward, but buy some rubber washers from Toolstation to use and/or use some loctite threadlock, so the bolts don't loosen and drop off from vibration.

Tank pad is a Ducati tankpad I believe. Was on the bike when I bought it.

#15 Vin73, Jul 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  16. Bikes in general cost a lot more money these days, used and new. Ducati's hold their value well and in some cases (models/era), appreciate.

17. Many thanks, found the tank pad, it's a Ducati Performance tank pad, quite hard to get hold of now it seems unless I want to pay about £60 for one from Europe. Thanks for the belly pan link, I did find them on a Google search but wanted to make sure it was the right one because of colour matching. Great advice, many thanks. Hope you get a sale.

18. Is this Monster still for sale? I have been looking for a DTV Multistrada but keep coming back to drool over this!

19. @Vin73 ?

20. Yes still available, I sent Longdog a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information