1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 1200 2017> Pillion Foot Rest Re-adding

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dukenukem, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Hello everyone, first post! :)

Would anyone mind posting a photo of the off side stock pillion foot rests and armature on their Monster 1200 please? As well as the distance of their silences to the tyre (especially if you have Termi's) --my bike is the base model registered April 2018 if that makes a difference?

--one month ago I took ownership of a 6 month old Ducati Monster 1200, love it. I wanted to put the rear pegs back on (previous owner had R&G hangers). I managed the job myself, was nervous as hell ensuring to keep the exhausts stable, I am not an engineer but not too stupid, just nervous of cocking things up.

I just want to check my work...

- Should there be any spaces (from everything I could check the spacers were from R&G)
    - Want to check distance of silences to the tyre (1+ inch) - I have Termi's.
    - Just generally paranoid, am confident it's all ok, but for the sake of making myself look like an idiot on a forum I thought it can't hurt to ask, other than the abuse I am likely to get.

Cheers
    Duke

• Like Like x 1
  2. Post a pic of what your set up looks like now.

3. Will do, thanks Jim.

4. Pretty sure it’s all looking ok, just curious that there aren’t spacers etc but I think it look ok and certainly performs correctly.

0A03765B-B948-49FE-866B-2D8FBC42FC19.jpeg

708EE844-0EFC-4365-9550-FCB53FD974DC.jpeg

5FE67C74-3162-4B8D-ABAE-D292DBE7157F.jpeg

FDBAB68A-94F2-4293-8404-989B3E237442.jpeg

ADE221E1-21D6-4A63-91C4-A419B80D4A5D.jpeg

5. Looks fine to me, about the same distance as my arrow can

6. Cheers, think I was getting a bit paranoid, not being such an engineer but also hoping these kinds of tiny jobs aren’t beyond me.

7. Looks good to me also, I swap between the R&Gs and the factory setup all the time, the distance between the Termis and tire doesn't change much at all.

8. It looks like your rear tyre is calling out for some corners :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. You need to sort those chicken strips instead :D

10. Arg ye, I have several excuses lined up...

1. The previous owner.
    2. It’s been far to wet since I got it.
    3. I’m shxt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Thanks Ducbird, and I thought we were friends :-D

• Love You Love You x 1
  12. Friend to friend advice
    Ps mine looked like that I used to buy ex DD racing tyres so that I looked like a pro at corners but I was useless really
    Don’t tell anyone :innocent:

13. Don’t worry we’ve all suffered from chicken strips, I’m careful to sand them down before posting any pictures :D

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information