1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Monster 1200 R

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Bonehead, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Looking for something to replace the Hyper 1100 and now have a M1200R in my sights, are they reliable and good to ride etc

2. Fookin’ epic!

had no issues with mine aside from the usual shonky rear brake

Ped

3. You've just missed what looked like a really good one that was for sale on here

4. Good to hear know real problems. I might commute sometimes in nice weather, how do they behave in town or slow speed traffic.

5. The S is probably the better day to day bike a little easier in town but the R comes in to its own when you get a move on, it’s an epic engine and chassis combo, best real roads bike I’ve ridden in 35+ years

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Thanks. Time to go shopping

• Like Like x 1
  7. Quite a few out there, nearly always trade, and lower threshold seems to be around the 10 1/2 at the moment.

8. Just so you know…..

Black ones are faster!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Okay, but how do yellow ones fare? :bucktooth::)

10. Ask any girl that has one. Obviously!

:joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. SamieB on here is on his second, kind of tells you something.

12. The Monster 1200R is probably the best all round road bike I have ridden in 36 years of riding and 20 years working in a Ducati dealership so definitely a good choice, the only downside is they don't come in yellow! :upyeah:

13. yeah,.. but faster or slower?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. I went to look at a black one in Waterlooville and was sorely tempted, if only he had dropped another £500, I still marginally prefer red but not a lot in it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Has to be black …
    F0A525E1-F4EF-40A6-80F2-A11D42F83283.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  16. If you want something for traffic, buy a scooter. 1200R is fabulous on the open road, but it is not a commuter.

17. Out in the country, where they belong. 20210902_113257 copy.jpg

18. IMG_0969.JPG
    Red or black ,bloody epic !

• Like Like x 1
  19. As this thread has got all our attention, how many of you get clutch-grab when cold? This is the first wet clutch bike that keeps me on my toes here, as pretty severe, seems almost characteristic and affects "R" with slipper only it appear. Completely disappears after 5 - 10 minutes so happy to live with it.

20. To be fair Chris ,i always let the bike warm up for a few minutes before riding when cold

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information