1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 1200r -advice

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Crush, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Hi all. I'm new here and hope this forum is one of the better ones. I have a monster 1200r 2019 and I'm thinking of getting a comfort seat.....is it worth it? Is there a noticeable difference? Does the 25mm extra height cause any change with the increased height of centre of gravity? Also, Ducati say there isn't an alarm for this bike? Anyone know if a standard alarm will fit? Or an aftermarket? Many thanks.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Welcome Crush, this is most definitely one of the better forums, if not the best, but as with everything in life, the more one puts into it the more one gets out.
    :upyeah:Good man(or woman), great choice. We love pics so do please post some.
    Not sure what seat you're looking at, Ducati/Sargent/Corbin but yes, if your arse is suffering at the moment, and not everyone suffers with the original seat, you'll notice a difference in that area but I'd be very surprised if you noticed any change in the CoG.
    I'm sure someone will be along in a moment (although the Monster section is one of the quieter sections on this forum) to answer this one; I would have thought there would be some insurance company approved aftermarket alarm that can be fitted.

ps. Introduce yourself in the Newbie's section and ask the same questions there, you'll get more varied responses.
    pps. Don't forget pictures of the bike and bins, or you'll be in trouble:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You have a pm in your inbox!

4. Welcome Dave

5. Welcome along.Seat just more comfortable no other difference imho

6. I have no regrets buying the comfort seat. It's more padded but only for the rider. You certainly don't slide forward as much.
    As expected, it raises the seat height a bit but you'll soon get used to it. CofG is a non-issue.

7. Thanks mate.

8. Hi all. I'm new here and hope this forum is one of the better ones. I have a monster 1200r 2019 and I'm thinking of getting a comfort seat.....is it worth it? Is there a noticeable difference? Does the 25mm extra height cause any change with the increased height of centre of gravity? Also, Ducati say there isn't an alarm for this bike? Anyone know if a standard alarm will fit? Or an aftermarket? Many thanks.

9. This is the newbie section :)

10. Thread moved

• Like Like x 1
  11. This is the best forum

We like pics please include your bins it’s a forum law :)

Welcome into our mad house

12. And then merged!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wasn’t sure on that bit :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. +1 on comfort seat. As above. Bit more comfortable, and the little bit of extra height helped my knees - hence reason for going for it. No difference in the ride tho....

15. Hi.and welcome, good choice of bike, had mine for 2 years and love it.

16. Fitted a comfort seat on my S4rs, took it touring, made no difference whatsoever.
    Bought a multi, now I laugh in the face of touring.
    Welcome to the forum. :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fitted a comfort seat to my Pannigale made no difference sold it after the first ride as the 25mm extra in height made a massive difference to me as I'm a short arse and just picking up what carr01 said I have now just brought a multistrada and sold my Pannigale so I too laugh in the face of touring
    Welcome aboard enjoy the forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Thanks for all your replies....I have bought one on Ebay a bit cheaper than retail price in the hope it works for me...fingers crossed. I will update and let you know if it does or not.

Any advice on alarms boys/girls? I have spoken to Ducati who state they don't do one for the 2019 model.

19. Don’t fit an alarm, they’re generally a bit shit.

20. I have a monster R comfort seat for sale if you didn’t get one

Also have lots of evotech parts, lithium battery, lots of carbon parts and quickshifter for sale too

Do Not Sell My Personal Information