1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 1200r Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by s4rmark, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Hi all,
    Thinking about getting one of these beasts and was wondering what the insurance costs might be . I'm 54 with decent no claims bonus .

2. Wouldn't the easiest way this find out be to do an online quote? ;)

3. Unfortunately think you will find only a couple of places do the cover.For whatever reason Ducati has not put this bike on the Association of British Insurers list therefore there is little to go on for brokers or competition to get competitive prices.If you have better news can you update thread please.
    Ducati Ins Defo one of the ones that cover .

4. I think you need a reg number for an online quote.

5. I struggled last as as my bike was one of the first in the UK and NO ONE had it on there list. If it's not on the list, they have to go to the underwriter to check based on power, cost etc. (I think they used an S as a basis)

I used Ducati insurance as I had zero NCB (hadn't ridden for 27 years !!) and they were great to deal with.

Worth giving them a ring AFTER you've got a few quotes (I was told this by my local dealer)

6. This was the same picture for a mate of mine a couple of weeks ago.He could have insured a Panigale cheaper !

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Actual, the DMC ins
    Actually the DMC insurance is just Principal.....

8. Is that good or bad?

9. When I 1st looked into Bike Insurance after my long gap, I found quite a few forums where Principal didn't come out good lets say.

So when I got a quote via the DMC number (as DMC is my local dealer), and got an email from Principal with the quote on, I didn't take it any further.

Each to their own though - I sure there are good/not so good reviews for all insurances agents/companies

10. I was under the impression that DMC had stumped up a shit load of cash to underwrite the quotes and weren't just acting as a "salesman" although I'm sure there is a commission! I may be wrong

11. Try Bikesure. I have both the 1200R and my 900 Monster fully comp for £400, with somewhat limited no claims due to my previous insurance company fooking up (long story...).

Tried Ducati Insurance for just the 1200R, they wanted £650...

12. Bemoto £308 3NCD

13. used ducati ins last year,had renewal sounded expensive £351 .00 , phoned mce ins much better £186.77 age 64 and 9 points

14. 9 points and riding a R. Best of luck....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

15. So no problems getting MCE to quote for 1200 r?

16. Insured mine through Ducati insurance £252 , fully comp, 56yrs, full ncb.
    I tried everywhere had real difficulty insuring this bike as previously stated not on the insurers list.
    On the most of the brokers sites, if you type the bikes reg into the search engine it appears as a 1200s stripe , which it is not.For comparison purposes I can insure a monster 1200s for less than £120, so more than double the price which quite frankly is a ridiculous.
    The reason is quite simply that Ducati have not registered the R with the association of British insurers.
    The problem is that 1200R owners come renewal time have limited options with regard to the inevitable hike in premium with little room to shop around for a best price.
    I have wrote to Ducati UK to ascertain why it hasn't been placed on the list but to date received no reply. I would suggest that all 1200r owners to the same , perhaps then they may listen and may take some action.
    I can understand a delay with a new model not being on the list for a couple of months after launch, but after 18 months?
    I know it's my choice to have the bike ,and i love it but can't help feeling we are being ripped off especially when every other Ducati R model is on the ABI list.
    FyI principal insurance was my cheapest quote at £180, bike sure the dearest at £420.

17. If the bike isn't listed with your broker then ask them to call the underwriter. You will then get a quote. No drama.

18. Thread moved

Do Not Sell My Personal Information