1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 1200r Just Purchased

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Oly, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Just bought a monster r with 248 miles
    On it. I've had a s1000r but didn't like the il4 drone.
    One thing that concerns me is the riding position. I put some moderate risers on the s1k which made it perfect. Has anyone put any on the r?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good choice of bike!

I guess it depends on your build etc but I've found the 1200R pretty much spot on, if the bars were higher I think the wind blast would be a bit much (quite drafty as is! ). I'd suggest getting some miles done to see how it feels

Ped

3. Congrats on new bike hope you enjoy.
    What was your insurance like to get.Myself and a mate are thinking of getting one but insurance is not easy/competitive due to bike not being listed on Association of British Insurers apparently

4. @nodrog

I've got mine insured via Ducati Insurance but I also know that BikeSure also list the M12R on their books

5. Hello and cant argue with your choice............. I really doubt that the bars will need height adjustment as its a good fit for most.

6. I found Ducati Insurance stupid expensive but Bikesure were pretty good

7. Thanks for insurance info.My present insurers will insure for £315 but that's on top of the £140 I already pay for my multi.Thay are mirroring ncb from one policy to another.My risk profile is probably up there with the best so a bit frustrating.Will try Ducati Ins /Bikesure also
    Sorry to hijack thread ,you have a lovely bike

8. I haven't insured it yet, bike comes next week. I paid £68 fully comp for my s1000r
    A combination of living in the Lake District and being a bike instructor as a job.

9. Also are are the must have mods. I really want a set of termis but will have to save up for a while!
    One last thing, the bike I am buying is a demo bike and has 248 miles on it? Will it need servicing at 600 miles? If the dealer does the service before I get it surely it is to early?

10. Yes it'll need servicing :)

11. The dealer should do it at the 620 miles as per the norm. I doubt if they'll do it before then.

I've got the Termi's on mine....gotta' be done :upyeah:

IMG_0783.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. OYB Aylesbury?

13. Ducati croyden. However I live in the Lake District so won't be practical to send it back there for its first service. My local
    Dealer is ducati Carlisle but they sssm
    At bit dumb

14. Only ask as OYB had an ex-demo on sale too. Good saving over "new".

15. I traded in a BMW r1200rs and hey gave me a good price. Downside was the distance but a courier is sorting that.
    I don't suppose a running in service is too expensive.

16. I think I paid just over 200 quid for the 600 mile service, TBH if the dealer says its okay I would save myself 200 quid and have it done, i did when I bought an ex demo 821 with 200 miles on the clock, its a safety check and oil/filter change.

17. Eeek, £200 for an oil filter change... thats steep. Im in for the first one soon.
    First run-in service should be thrown in for free at the price of the bike new... but then I would think that.
    Just slapped a set of Termis on, wow.. dont reckon Ill need the baffles out.. but will have to give it a try :yum:

Ive come from superbikes, so don't feel the monster needs any ergo changes, its one big sweet dirtbike for the road.

18. I paid £140 for running in service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I may well be shopping around for my first annual service, don't recall buying anything else either.

76.62 plus VAT parts
    4.90 plus VAT enviroment shit charge
    95.14 plus VAT labour

Yep, time to shop around.

20. Quoted £1400 for termi cans from ducati Carlisle, they say lot s on eBay don't come
    With the Ecu chip? Seems a lot. Cans on eBay around £900

Do Not Sell My Personal Information