1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 1200r Slip On

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Mark Heaney, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Good afternoon chaps, has anyone got a exhaust end can slip on for sale, my bike is a monster 1200R 2016 the standard exhaust is so quiet.

2. Check out GR Moto exhaust - they are based in Norfolk and sell on Ebay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274445115052?hash=item3fe6341eac:g:eCsAAOSwiKthH3r4) . About £180. Less restrictive, louder, better wheel access and big weight saving too. Various combinations in stainless and carbon, with link pipe. Good materials, fit & finish. Make sure they ship the longer bracket for the R model.

3. I saw them but didn't know if they were any good, thanks for the info.

4. I thought the 1200R came with the termi exhaust as standard??
    Nice bike though!

5. The bike as standard has a remus big twin box exhaust. So quiet.

6. You're right, I once had a monster 1200s courtesy bike and you could barely hear the exhaust, then the next time I had a 1200R with the Termi double end cans without the baffles and it was soooooo much better! Loud, popping and cracking! Hope you find a decent pipe soon!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thank you, I think I am going to buy the GR moto one that Yellowman suggested, they are British made and look the biz.

8. Did you get one and, if so, what do you think of it?

9. Good morning Yellowman, yes I did indeed buy one and yes it is really well made and sounds much better, without the baffles in it is too loud.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Agree that it is a bit harsh without the dB killer, but I just couldn't resist the extra urge that the free flow gives, so it's moulded ear plugs and throttle moderation in inappropriate places for me. At low revs, it doesn't seem too bother anyone and even out of town when gassing it, my mates don't complain, so overall, I'm ok with it being open. And you can scare wildlife away if you need to.

I was concerned that it might be running leaner, so pulled the accessible plugs, but all looks fine. I then found that you can replicate how my Buell used to run if you don't replace one of the HT caps properly. :blush:

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  12. Yes I agree, without the baffles in it has this insane powerband from 6000 onwards.

13. I run a Monster 1200s and was looking for different exhausts myself when I bought it.
    I found a pair of dual SC Project exhausts that replicate the look of the originals and Termignonis in carbon. They sound excellent with the baffles in and save a chunk of weight over the original system.
    IMG_20210722_194023.jpg IMG_20210722_194033.jpg

14. Nice - can you get the wheel out without removing them?

15. Thanks. I haven't had to as yet, but they come straight off in 2 minutes with a 6 mm allen key and a 10mm spanner.

16. SC-Project Conic EURO 3 homologated
    aDeBkEe - Imgur.jpg
    20200813_083221.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Competition Werkes IMG_0304.JPG

18. I have an Arrow can as per my picture/avatar going up for sale if your still interested

it’s immaculate

Do Not Sell My Personal Information