1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Monster 2008 S4 Rs Now Sold

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Dirty Leeds, Jan 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bike is in the uk from the 8th/9th February, originating from Qatar now in Spain, has been in uk and has a current mot, bike will need Iva testing, clocks are in km showing 18,000+km

Condition is looking good but not mint, I have only seen the pictures same as everyone else, it does have a scratch on the left hand fork leg about an inch long apparently, I have been assured the bike is running well and no known issues.

Bike is standard from the factory I am told.

I can deliver the bike to anywhere within reason that includes Europe, contact me for a chat on price to deliver.

3 keys
    No service book, I am told it has been serviced but no evidence so need refresh

I think this is a good opportunity for someone who is prepared to do a bit of work to get it where it needs to be.

Hopefully someone on here sees an opportunity, if not I’ll advertise it differently elsewhere

Any advice or opinions appreciated, bear in mind I’m only selling it, I have looked at other bikes to weigh up an asking price, this is relatively low mileage at 13,000 km and looks in good condition, most of its life has been in warm/hot dry weather.

£3750

484E8AC5-1084-4721-B334-A8AE7BBA91D9.jpeg

8F6E12AC-72D2-45D6-B537-AF7D1FE45F37.jpeg

FDA668FD-82FE-4119-B5A1-C2A58938A15F.jpeg

650DE83D-1364-42C1-B7E9-74CF12478928.jpeg

#1 Dirty Leeds, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. There's a blemish in the first picture - on the right had mirror, frittened me to death :skull:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. The Termi’s were an option when new. Looks to be the full system with de-cat, so prob got the ducati performance ecu to help fuel it properly.

4. It seems a lot of bike to me, if I wasn’t stuck with a flipping 1198 I might be interested myself

5. Yes, sounds like a good option. More manageable, still with plenty of grunt.
    That 1198 does look very nice though. Decisions, decisions.
    A nice position to be in. :cool:

6. Ta, yeah the 1198 is a stunner, what do you think to the s4? It looks really interesting the reviews rave about it, although the reviews are from a few years ago

7. How many previous owners?

8. I think you will find this impossible to trace with it's globe trotting history and no service book :thinkingface:

9. Out of curiosity only, do you own this bike and have never seen it apart from pictures?

10. An honest review from owning one for 10 years. Can be a love hate thing, like a lot of bikes.
    It hates just tootling along and is tiring in traffic. It loves to rev and be let off the leash. Two up riding is no problem and the ride is supple and not jarring. The brakes are spot on. The only problems have been , a knackered reg/rectifier and battery. Starter sprag ( one way clutch ) gave up as a result of that. Replaced TPS ( throttle position sensor) as it wouldn’t calibrate any more.
    It does feel special to ride. Makes you smile.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Monster of an engine. Sucks fuel like bonkers. 80 miles to a tank if lucky. And great fun

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sounds nice and more use than the 1198 but that’s what I’m stuck with at minute

13. 2 owners, 1st one Spanish, the English owner bought it off him in Qatar

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. with all respect most of what I have wrote in the original post veers towards the fact I’m going on the owners description, I have not seen the bike but I will on the 3rd of Feb, to me it looks well worth a punt especially if you are able to spanner, check out others for sale, it’s not dear, the owner is letting me take the bike without paying any money for it, that in its self stinks of confidence in the bike.

15. I used to go to Riders in Brislington to the cafe for the bacon and egg sarnies and it was seeing one of these in the showroom that got me looking at Ducati’s. Shouldn’t have bought one then

Good luck , still like the look of them.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. You never know, until you ask the question.

Cards on the table, @I’m closing in (coz I’ve just got home from the pub and the ‘inhibition gate’ is wide open), it is of interest. There’s an ‘09 1100s I’m interested in at the mo as well, similar price, slightly higher mileage. This purchase probably won’t be a keeper, 2-3 years then sold on for something else so I’ve got to think what will the next potential purchaser think with a sketchy history? I’m not afraid of going over it and fixing it up, or of doing all that’s required to maintain it, but not everyone, outside of this forum, in the real world, is like that. Hence the question.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Let’s not overlook the fact the price is negotiable,
    no worries, I had a long chat with the current owner on the phone today, I totally believe he is honest, and upfront, also that he is not needy of the money, I am in charge of the sale it’s my job to sell the bike, when it sells I forward the money...

• Like Like x 1
  18. So, once it arrives in your hands Carl can you please post more pics? Especially the ‘scratch’ on the fork leg. Also, as the bolts holding on the handlebars are corroded some close ups of those on the engine cases would be useful. Cheers.

19. I will, once it arrives I then need to get it put somewhere as my house is full but yes will get pictures, obviously someone might throw caution and arrange to buy it from me, but slightly unlikely

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. Couple more pics

06E273CC-E9E3-435F-A6D3-039A49BB03F8.jpeg

BA1FF13E-1496-4BA0-BC2D-42598240A294.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information