1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 620 Restrictor Kit

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Conradv2, Aug 24, 2017.

1. I have been looking for some time for a restrictor kit for my 620 monster. Turns out Ducati sell the parts themselves (called de-limiter kit). It consists of a plate two shear bolts and a big fat receipt to show the insurance /plod or whoever.

Plate part no 82713231A
    Screws part no 77912591B (x2)
    Bargain cost £33 inc dreaded

I'm going to throw this on and see what the difference is , ultimately the bike will be for my A2 passing son.

Will report back :)

restrictor kit.jpg

2. The kit on my old 2007 zx6r was a single screw that stopped the throttle cable having full travel. There were multiple screw holes for different restriction types/markets.

In my opinion, it just made me stay on the throttle and go for gaps I shouldn't have been, just to keep my speed up and stay with derestricted mates. Bike would still do 100Mph... just.

3. Here is the restrictor fitted. I'm amazed how little throttle travel there is which made me realise , given its age its probably 33hp and not 47hp. Anyone remember when the law changed ?

20170826_113306.jpg

4. The bike is seriously lame with this on. I'm pretty sure its 33hp . That would make sense as this was the limit at the time.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information