1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 620 Throttle Cable Help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Datboi, Feb 23, 2021.

1. [​IMG]
    i have some issues with my throttle cable, so one of my friends who worked for over 15 years on ducati motorcycles, say's that the throttle cable needs to come out the the other end (look at the picture where i highlighted) https://imgur.com/a/vBnsIlZ

in my bike the cable goes in, and there is no way to make it come out the other end, you just put the cable in and screw it down.

the issue with this is that you have to get a precise length and have no room for adjustments. am i perhaps doing it wrong?

2. The throttle cable has a nipple on the throttle grip end. If your cable is badly kinked which it appears it may be from your photo, then you will need to unscrew the two halves of the throttle assembly and remove the cable or you might be able to source the inner bowden cable and insert a new lubricated one. Adjustment amounts to tensioning the cable with the throttle in the closed position by screwing the fastening down onto the butterfly cam plate until you remove any free play. Also check that you can still operate the manual choke correctly through the full extent of its travel. If you need to replace the whole cable, then you will find it a lot easier to do it with the tank removed. Hope this helps.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information