1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 696 Opinions

Discussion in 'Monster' started by gcon45, May 15, 2017.

1. I'm looking for a cheap, fun road bike and a nice fresh 696 has popped up for sale locally:

Ducati MONSTER 696cc

What's your opinions on the 696? Good buy?

I know it's not going to be quick but I used to own a Hypermotard 796 and it was fun.

2. Great little road bike in my opinion (other than the rubbish suspension) light, handles well, eager to rev and can make surprising progress on B roads!

I had as much fun on mine as any bike I've owned!:):):)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Good fun and surprisingly capable but not so comfortable if you are 5`10" or taller.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Hmm... I'm 6'2.

5. Had one for a few years and loved it. A few tweaks and it was great embarrassing bigger bikes on the twisty bits :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. My wife bought one last year and they are great bikes. I took it out yesterday and did 100 miles on it on a mixture of A, B roads and Dual carageway. I am 5' 10 and found it very comfortable. It has bar risers which makes it a bit more comfortable I think. It has plenty of leg room. Try one for size you might fit.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Miss Royal had one when I met her and it was my first ride on a bike going around tin cans in Sainsburys car park learning clutch control just over three years back now :) Unfortunately an idiot pulled out on her and it got wrote off but it was a great little bike.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. You seem to have come on a bit in the last 3 years Dave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. Yep, Mr Royal trying to dodge the pulling out idiots these days..

10. ...or should I just man up and buy a 1200S :smiley:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. No substitute for a test ride to check for yourself but try Motorcycle Ergonomics as you can select the relevant bike and type in your dimensions to get an idea of riding position.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. I have recently bought a 796, local shop to me had a 696 and a 796 in so i tried them both for size and the 696 certainly had a lower seat . Maybe too small for you if your 6' 2? . I'm only 5' 6 on a good day and 796 is a good fun bike .

13. I have a 2008 696+ and am 5'10" tall, perfectly comfortable and I have rear sets on mine
    If you do go and look at it, start it up and check the voltage, should be around 14v or reg/rec is shafted (mine was)

I had a KTM660 supermoto for the last 5 years and as a replacement wanted something relatively light, must be grunty but the tank had to hold more than an egg cup of fuel!
    suits me perfectly and runs rings around bigger bikes in the twisties

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information