1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 796 Swing Arm

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by ImAGoose, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Anyone got a rear swing arm for a Monster 796?

My luck with this bike seems to be going down the drain… Got the opportunity to do some long over due upgrades and even got my new clutch master and slave all bled today with the help of the misses, wheeled it out the garage and the other half was like “something sounds seriously wrong with your chain”, did some investigation and came across this, not sure how I didn’t realise, I just though the chain had become a bit chattery and needed replacing. Really upset as I’ve put a lot of time, effort and hard earned cash to get the bike in better shape again.

[​IMG]

2. I doubt you need a new swing arm.
    Take a chill pill, sit back, few deep breaths - probably just some scratches.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. as above, you need:-
    826-1011-1A sprocket keeper plate
    and possibly:-
    446-1019-1A chain sliding shoe (upper) as, depending on how long in state as per your picture, chain will have cut new "ruts" in the slide wearing it out at a faster rate.

Even the chain being forced to travel over both upper (and possibly even lower) chain guide shoe(s) will "ruffle" it's procession and could add to chain noise/chain not sounding happy. Installing new sprocket keeper and maybe upper shoe and then checking chain/sprockets for wear before re-adjusting and lubricating, will restore your tickadeeboo. :upyeah::)

• Like Like x 1
  4. If these two items are the same as the 696 he can have mine at the cost of postage.

• Like Like x 1
  5. that's kind of you Nostromo, keeper plate is the same but you have a totally different one-piece shoe apparently.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cool, I’ll drop him a pm later.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information