1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 950

Discussion in 'Monster' started by duke63, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Voted BIKE magazine Bike of the Year by its writers.

2. couldn't bring yourself to include a picture? ;)
    maybe it's like the first V4 Panigale, partly grows on you and partly subtle factory changes. If you don't look at it fully side on then.. :thinkingface:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big grunty growly V twin. Put some less restrictive pipes on and what's not to like?

• Like Like x 1
  4. That it could be made by Kawasaki or Yamaha..

Without a badge would be difficult to tell

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. If Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki made a big grunty VTwin naked bike, and cost competitive, they would sell. I would buy one. That SV/TL motor was a peach and they could have easily squeezed another 10 reliable horses out of it for instance.

• Like Like x 1
  6. So you would prefer it looked like all the old Monsters?

I like it and would much prefer new designs and not always live in the past?

7. Agree, they struggled with the unique-ness this time (only my opinion). If it gets embraced and sells as well as a Scrambler then its good for the company but apart from that, as said, we are all different, and so far, we're allowed to be.

• Like Like x 2
  8. imo, Ducati really struggle to hide away the plumbing (including radiator itself) and exhaust on their nakeds compared to other brands. I think Triumph do a much better job.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ducati must have a huge advertising budget this year ;)

11. Great post. It’s amazing how, lined up, it’s an evolution of the original, but side by side they are nothing similar new to old. Can you do the same with a 916….suspect that won’t be as evolutionary ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. seeing it like that, i've even warmed a little to the "2nd Gen" I was previously rude about.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. On a twisty road, none of the older versions will keep up with the new one.
    That’s evolution.

14. I've owned and ridden most of Gen 1 & 2 Monsters and enjoyed them all, the previous generation did nothing for me aesthetically and became uncomfortable quite quickly.

I've had two test rides on the new Monster and it's without doubt the most competent motorcycle I've ever ridden! Believe it or not! superb seat, good ergonomics with seat/bars/foot pegs for my age and stature, lovely and light, adequate power for real fun, same torque as my 848 S/F but available much lower in the rev range making overtaking so easy, Q/S a delight, brakes well up to standard, suspension far better than earlier gens non adjustable models and OK ish for most roads.

Looks have grown on me, and had my dealer had one I would have bought it, unfortunately only Sept build available when?? so it'll have to wait until next year.

Do have a test ride, ride it like any other Ducati and it works superbly, come back afterwards and we can have a good discussion:D

• Like Like x 3
  15. Really ,how about the 1200R ? or s for that .

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. but sez who duke? :thinkingface:
    I think 44 teeth are missing something here, we would all watch a back-to-back test from each Generation/roughly same power, and allowances made - wouldn't we?

17. Not everything is about big bhp numbers on Britain's crowded roads.
    I still reckon on the right twisty road, then the 950s handling will outshine all the previous Monsters.

18. Quite agree ,i am sure if you have a very tight ,twisty roads with no straights it would be great fun pitting the bikes against each other :)

19. Please remind me what bike you recently bought and what BHP does it have.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information