1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Alloy Tank Interest

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Geoffduk, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Hi,
    I'm very interested in getting an alloy tank for my Monster 1000. I've been in touch with this company and here's the response. He has made several tanks for John Fallon Made in Italy and his work looks very impressive. To reduce the costs how much interest is there in having several tanks made ? More than happy to visit company etc but we need a none swollen tank. My own tank has some swellen but I can take all necessary pictures as requested.
    I already have a brushed alloy tank for my 1098 which I've added some paint detailing to make it unique.
    Posted on uk monster site but as yet no interest.

I can certainly make a petrol tank for your Ducati Monster.
    But to do so, I would first have to borrow your tank in order to create the
    tooling which would be time consuming.
    A one-off tank would therefore be very expensive [ in the region of
    £3000.00] but a good way to reduce the price would be to gather several
    orders. Perhaps you could contact other Monster owners and find out if you
    can generate more interest?

In the meantime, it would be very helpful if you could send me some photos
    of your tank showing several views and details including the underside. This
    would help design the tooling and work out how to adapt the fuel system
    [i.e. fuel pump, pipes, breather...]

Please let me know your thoughts.

Kind regards,

Laurent Amann
    FdEng / Internal Combustion Engine Design and Development

Design Engineer
    Metal Fabrication & Coachbuilding

Unit 1A, “The Hut”
    Rougham Industrial Estate
    Bury St Edmunds
    Suffolk
    IP30 9ND
    United Kingdom

l. +44 (0) 1359 408 152
    m. +44 (0) 7540 854 916

e. [email protected]
    w. www.storik.co.uk
    Facebook: @STORIKdesigns
    Instagram: @storik_designs
    Twitter: @Storik_moto

2. I have an S2R1000 and the one thing I dont like on the bike is the plastic tank so I`m potentially interested but the price for a new tank as quoted above is quite possibly more than my entire bike is worth . I appreciate the potential reductions that economies of scale would bring but when I looked into buying a scrap 600 monster with the idea of getting a cheap metal tank I was told that the various monster tanks are all bike specific to allow for different size air boxes, hoses etc, if you plan a group buy it may have to be very focused.

3. There's at least 2 different internal fuel pump/ filter mounting flange hole shape/size for the injected monsters. This is S4Rs.

IMG_0325.JPG

4. Guess it would depend on what it brought the per tank cost down to. 1500 very few takers imo, £600 probably quite a few.

Bearing in mind it's an old bike. The guys that race these have been changing them for years, so use covers with an alli fuel cell under hidden away and some use the 916 type.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information