1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster M900 Paint, Tidy Up

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by CarloL, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Hi

M900 97

I would like to tidy up the engine casing and touch up the frame
    Not looking for concours finish, still like to retain the wear n tear, the casing and frame streaks really bother me, getting the bodywork, tank sprayed , just want to take edge off it

[​IMG]

2. What caused the streaks to the paintwork?

3. No idea , was like that when I bought it but as far as I am aware it is from the battery overflow spilling down but I have an AGM battery in there so not an issue

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fairly common on early Monsters and often as a result of somewhat exposed alternator and rectifier connectors suffering corrosion resulting in overcharging.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I addressed all those issues Chris , reason why I want to tidy up the paint now

• Like Like x 2
  6. Full of character the old monsters , it’ll be worth the effort.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I would still buy an M400 if I could find one at the right price, last one to be crossed off the list, the 400SS I had was glorious at 11,000 rpm (factory indicated red-line). I only sold it because I was aware I was wearing it out quite quickly, you needed to change oil at 2K or less to be safe.

8. Yeah they would put me off plus the lack of gusto.

9. There’s an excellent post on the ukmoc site well worth a look.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information