1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Monster M900

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by DucatiScud, Dec 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A regrettable sale but I look at it as I get on my Hardly Dangerous, it just doesn’t see the light of day.

£3750 or sensible offers. No Wotsits

M900 L plate, purchased 2.5 years ago from an engineer who rescued it from it’s previous owner.

It has been modded a fair bit but nothing outrageous, he chopped the back end off repainted it then added:

I’ll try and remember what he told me when I viewed it and put them in some kind of order.

The headlight is standard OEM but with a HiD kit added.

Steering damper is an unknown could be holing could be Maxton, i’ll err on the side of Maxton

1098 forks (Showa) Maxton have set them up for a 72kg rider (his weight my weight)

Maxton rear shock, again set for a 72kg rider

Front wheel is Marchesini rear is M900 OEM

Swing arm is 851/888 Aluminium, think he said OEM is steel.

Brembo front and rear callipers, some code he told me but subsequently forgotten by me think they’re monoblocs on 320 discs, he’s put spacers for the extra disc diameter.

It has the standard yokes so the geometry hasn’t been altered.

It has the later Monster flyscreen think from a M1200 might be carbon could be looky likely.

The bars are adjustable not sure what they came off but they were full on drops when I bought it, I’ve adjusted them up as I didn’t appreciate the riding position.

Translogic speedo, gives speed, revs, fuel range, gear selected and oil temperature.

The engine is standard, he never mentioned engine work so assume it's an old slug.

The decals he made and fitted, the Carbon fibre front guard, hugger, belt covers and seat cowl are genuine Ducati parts.

The silencers are Termis he made the exhaust hangers himself as were the footrest hangers and the foot levers I believe. The hangers are CNC’d not hand made.

Non of the Rizoma add ons are included in the sale although they are pictured, I have the mirrors that were included in the purchase which will be freely given. The LED sequential indicators are being removed as are the grips which the new owner can source himself or I can purchase some cheaply grips from my local shop.

The Pink number plate cover isn’t included either

37976584-E5CF-43CA-B3A3-018938C6604C.jpeg B915D03F-E877-4EFA-BD67-372C11257C0F.jpeg 91B43569-DB7E-4794-AE5C-3E68E8F4F7D6.jpeg A0ACFDD0-221F-4FDD-8D26-204D8E713F9A.jpeg DA43864F-907E-4D94-88B6-B6E2DBB350BE.jpeg 949D9CF8-3D70-4480-943E-A8905B7997E3.jpeg

DF72D28E-3E5E-46B0-811A-021BA5A0C443.jpeg

CA01C413-4E45-45F3-9D4B-0847174F0D99.jpeg

#1 DucatiScud, Dec 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Hmmmm, edited by a Moderator but can’t think what rule I broke.

3. Nice bike, may I add? - more likely whole front end is 1098 - i.e.:- discs are 330 dia and standard so spacers have remained. Also swinging arm is std in aluminium and interchangeable with 851 and even late Paso.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looks a cool bike

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice bike and a 350lc :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. A 250, your eyes are better than mine you can barely make it, it’s an oily rag project, I may be forced to part with it.

The LC is a recent impulse buy regretted slightly upon purchasing a KTM 790, my garage is filling and my Wife is rage quitting lol. She doesn’t like the Selling the Dangerous though as she likes to ride Shotgun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Its a good looking bike. You could check with Maxton as to what was done to the forks, some of their work is very expensive and that info may help you to gain a quick sale. The clutch, rad & rear stoplight are all non standard too.

GLWS

• Like Like x 1

8. All the work on the bike is the previous owners, he had a 916 but had retired from riding due to old injuries and advancing years. He’d also picked up a Porsche bug and liked fixing them up.

The bike had stood in his rented garage for 2 years after the top floor of the flats the garage was with had extensive fire damage, the contractors wouldn’t allow people into the site. So 2 years his bikes were untouched.

Yes the clutch pressure plate I found after I removed the original cover to fit the Ti cover, it is only a pressure it’s not a slipper or owt.

Thanks

9. You didn’t. I just put the pics with the narrative to make it seamless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Thanks somehow due to me being a Luddite I pressed post before I finished my text edit, then couldn’t fathom how to edit the photos in.

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  11. Slightly off topic but did translogic make a dash for the 999/749?

12. I have no idea, I didn’t even know such a thing existed until I bought this bike. I was like the little Yellow folk in Toy Story. Lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. No longer for sale

14. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information