1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster S2r 800

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Nathanhu, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Hi all,
    Just wanted to see if there is any know issues I should be looking at when viewing a 2007 s2r.
    I have found one with 2700km on the clock that has been parked up for a few years due to the owner working overseas.
    I have a 996 and a 1299 so I'm no stranger to bikes, as this is just for the good lady so she can see if she enjoys riding again.

Any feedback would be gratefully received

2. I have a 2007 s2r1000 with 21000 miles and no problems I`m aware of. Go for it, great bikes and huge fun.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I imagine the 800 is a development of the 750 and has a wet clutch.
    My 750 SS used to suffer from clutch slip, largely from mayonnaise I think. Cure was to try and avoid too many short journeys and remove the oil filler cap after a ride to allow water vapour to escape.
    Different frame from the SS, so no cracking issues
    Enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  4. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the feedback, this the bike above

• Like Like x 3
  5. Nice...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Nice looking bike, I think the older machines are just so much better looking than the later offerings. I know loads of people will disagree, just my preference.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]

My wife has been riding one for nearly 3 years now....16.5k miles bike and not a single problem

8. they are really great bikes , had an 06 model for a good few years and did everything on it and it never missed a beat.

the brakes and forks are the only weak spot as this was where ducati economised on this model.
    they re OK for the bike tbh but many upgraded using calipers and discs from a ducati superbike or monster of the same era. they are straight bolt on These parts are are easily found on ebay for around £200
    the front suspension is a bit basic but can be a little more costly to upgrade ,

9. Thanks all for the feedback :)

10. Did you buy the monster? And how is it.
    I've just had the discussion with the wife to sell her's. It's been sat in my workshop for 5 years. It's time to move it on to someone who will enjoy it.
    Will be advertised on here soon!

• Like Like x 1
  11. not closed the deal yet, as i'm out of the country with work :/

Do Not Sell My Personal Information