1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Monster S4r, Very Low Mileage

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by dukesox, Oct 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi All, I have a very nice blue Monster S4r for sale. Registration GK03 HZB and with just 6400 miles.
    I had been after an early S4R with the metal fuel tank for some time and bizarrely I have ended up buying 2 at the same time. Both very low mileage and the same colour. I`m keeping the one with just 3000 miles and selling this one.
    Anyway, just MOT`d. 4 stamps in the service book but the last was in 2013 so it should go straight for a belt service before being used. Only 6400 miles backed up by the old mots.
    As you can see from the pics a previous owner has replaced the standard headlight and fairing with twin headlights as well as fitting carbon pretty much everywhere possible and an open clutch. The rear indicators are integral with the rear lights and the standard front ones have been replaced with tiny ones. Termi end cans fitted, you can see where the logo has peeled off. Oxford heated grips too. There are some scratches on the tail unit clearly visible in the pictures, some small scratches on the tank that did not show up in any pics I took and there is some paint peeling on the nearside engine casings, this is visible in the pics. All in all though pretty good for a 14 year old bike.
    Asking for £3350 but if no offers by the time the documents arrive I`ll have a quick go on Ebay with a reserve of £3500 or store it till the spring when it should reach around £4k I would hope.
    Any questions or interest please send a pm. The bike is being stored in my warehouse close to Junction 12 of the M1 in Bedfordshire if you want to have a look.
    Apologies to DB for lack of red paint (but it looks gorgeous in dark blue) and to all others for lack of bins.
    Cheers
    David

off 1.jpg

off.jpg

near side.jpg

clutch & carbon.jpg

carbon tea tray.jpg

clocks.jpg

front tyre.jpg

rear tyre.jpg

termis.jpg

twin headlamps.jpg

#1 dukesox, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Hi David - don't suppose you have the original headlight and indicators - I am not too keen on the streetfighter look !

It's a 916cc model I'm guessing ?

Hi @drax dave , sorry I don`t have the parts. I thought I`d have a go at selling it as first before looking into replacing the lights etc. There is a guy on Ebay breaking a blue S4R at the moment so the parts are available. I`m a bit crap with the spanners though so would probably make things worse. I do know how to attach Ebay links though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-MO...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

He may have the indicators too .

Can you tell from the mileage on the Service Sheet and the later MOTs if it has been in regular use over the last four years ? thinking about the belts. If it has been stood over that period then it would need collecting - but if in regular use then I could ride it home. Did you ride it from the vendors to your place ?

Looking at the old MOT s it has barely been used, just 200 miles in the last 2 years. I didnt want to take a chance riding it home so collected it in a van. I have started it and ridden it up and down the drive in the pictures and all seemed fine but it needs the belt doing asap really and I would not feel comfortable selling it to someone knowing they had a long ride home. I have a horsebox that the Mrs uses for her horse, it is very good for moving bikes too so I am happy to help with delivery if you are serious about the bike .

Never seen one with that light conversion, looks great i think, brings it up to date.

If you can find someone to give me a grand for my triumph engine I’ll come have a look with apocket of cash !!

Reckon these would be great track and road bike...

Log book finally arrived so if anyone on here is interested it is good to go now. I`ll give it a few days and then if nothing I`ll advertise it elsewhere and see what happens.

Hi David, will you be around on Wed afternoon or evening? I'd like to have a look at the bike.

Hi Richard, yes that should be fine. I`ll send you a pm with my number so you can call to make the arrangements.

Sold?

Not yet

Now sold.

Thread closed

26 years ago... then consider what has happened today (the previous video I posted) - and people say the man is a fool, a moron, an idiot?

Really?

Top Trump:

well well well, what a surprise...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...n-probe-were-watered-down-documents-show.html

#2 drax dave, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information