1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Tt Clocks

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Frank Jones, Jan 21, 2018.

1. DSCN2692.JPG When I first set out to turn a Monster into "TT Special" Parade bike one of the biggest problems I faced was the Black Magic of Electrics, the question of how to remove the Clocks was greeted by a sharp intake of breath and a shaking of the head by most.
    Shown here is the solution that I came up with, Remove Circuit Board from Pod, Fabricate Alloy "Dash", Wrap Lid in Carbon, Mount in Fairing With Scitsu Rev Counter on Top.
    The bike is now ready for paint and I will post the finish photos in a couple of weeks.

DSCN2694.JPG

DSCN2697.JPG

#1 Frank Jones, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. elegant solution how's the bike coming on?

3. The bike is finished and running really well after being set up on a Dyno, already been out at Darley Moor & Donnington Park, will be out at Oulton Park next week

4. top work its a great feeling when you get them together and can start setting them up for your preference.
    Does it ride/handle as you intended it to?

5. The bike was putting out 80hp on the Dyno, the only "performance " mods have been Pipes & Air Filters, but it has lost a lot of weight.
    The chassis is just stock Monster with Road tyres but for me it is just great (I have been running a 69 Bonny)

6. I wonder if you decide to change or fine tune it a lil bit later, whether putting a gear indicator into the faux dash would be something you had thought of? In the excitement of the track, some often fluff looking for a 6th or 7th gear that isn't there

7. That is really good idea, I have had a couple of “moments “ by going down to many for a corner.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information