1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monte Carlo Or Bust...? (monaco Actually.!)

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Shoboshi, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Monte Carlo or bust...!...?

Looking for 3 or 4 intrepid, like minded Mutters (or others)

Got given the green light to have Easter off so looking to have a fast(ish!) ride to Monaco over the Easter weekend.

Plan is leave Thursday evening or early Friday morning via Eurotunnel.
    "A" roads all the way inc N85 Route Napoleon into Monaco.
    If the weather turns against us then it'll be a large circular route taking in some of the old race tracks of Yesteryear (Reims, Clermont Ferrand, Auvergne)
    Not worried about hotels as we wouldn't be a huge bunch so should be relatively easy to find accommodation.

Done it in the past so know what's ahead.

If the above is too tight time wise for some then I have another option, somewhere I've been twice before and thoroughly enjoy, a guesthouse run by a motorcycle enthusiast and all round motorsport mad couple based near Spa Francorchamps.
    Same numbers apply 3 or 4.
    If you're genuinely interested then pm me and I'll explain how things will work.

You don't hand over money to anyone. All I do is provide the times and dates and you do the rest.

Cheers..

Norm

• Like Like x 2
  2. OK, so what are the times and dates? The route and the mileages would also be useful.

3. 775 m ( Calais to Mn ) ; Time , approx 12 hrs ; date , Easter 2017.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Enjoy'

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm not too worried about mileage. If people want to digress off piste and be nosey makes not a jot to me.
    The aim is to get out of Blighty, ride to Monaco at Easter and have a bit of fun.
    If we don't get there due to weather then the Old Circuits route is another option.

Or...

Bookings can be made for the guesthouse, if others prefer The Ardennes, directly and I'll happily pass on the phone number to those wanting to come.

Or I'll deal with the numbers going, make the reservation but you pay guesthouse yourselves, direct.

3 or 4 plus me is a good starting amount as I've previously done this with 8 others on R1's, Blades, 899's and Zx10s.

If people definitely fancy it pm me and I'll sort out the train times based on preferred day of travel and return time.
    Either Thursday evening 18.00hrs (ish) or early Friday morning (06.30)
    returning Monday 20.00 hrs (ish)

As mentioned I've done the Ardennes stay before and the people are great.
    Friendly, helpful, with secure parking and we get taken on guided rides too (Unless he's called away)

Drop me a pm please with contact details.

6. i would be keen but living in the back of beyond curtails my euro trips :anguished:

7. Are you planning on calais to monaco in one hit? That would break me!
    Both sound like great trips though :thumbsup:

8. No... Can be a midway stopover toward Besancon or surrounding areas, towns etc.

About 300-350 miles is comfortably achievable but if people want to push a little more makes no issue with me.

Just want to enjoy the ride and if weather causes issues then we change plan when needed.

Too much planning can cloud issues and some of the mistakes made in the past have taken me on some of the best roads I've ever ridden.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yep :upyeah:

Pm on way

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pm back at you.. (^-^)

11. Got one willing participant on board.....

Anyone else.?

If people are put off by Monaco length/time etc then happy to organise the Ardennes trip.

As mentioned previously, done it a couple of times before and the ride is good.
    Not manic nor over exertive and the digs/hosts are superb.
    Rides into Luxemburg and Germany all within a few miles.
    The Nordschlieffe(Nurburgring) is about 85 miles through great countryside too.!
    Having said that I am not a fan of the Ring but very much so of the surrounding roads especially to Cochem and the Mosel Valley.

12. Thread moved

13. Think its more than is Xmas and people aren't really engaged. @MaDProFF you up for this? @cookster could be a good trip ;)

14. Bloody gutted! Sounds like a fantastic trip chap? Just wish that a 58 yr old twat with a burnt foot was capable of making the trip? Good luck and have a top top trip chaps - I'm green with envy!

15. 3 months to heal. Just saying ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Yeah could be keen what's the dates chaps??

17. Thanks chap! Foot will be prob 100% by end of Feb but @ 58 the rest of me is past the sell by date m8!

18. bollocks!!! Pete1950 must be about 80 ;) and he manages fine... although he's in bed by 9pm ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Easter bank hol weekend. :)

14-17 Apr

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hahaha - I'm more Lionel Ritchie- all night long! Is it all dukes going or what?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information