1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Montego Bay

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wayne58, Aug 12, 2018.

1. An opportunity has come up for a late notice holiday on the 21st - 23rd Sept 2018 for 10 - 12 days. I have narrowed it down to the Hilton Rose Hall near Montego Bay, or the Sandals Montego Bay resort. Has anyone been to either, and if so what did you think. I am currently reading Tripadvisor, but any additional help would be appreciated.

Whats the night entertainment like in the hotels as I've been advised the town is dodgy at night ??
    What excursions are kinda must do if any ??
    Are room upgrades worth it ??
    Whats all inclusive with both etc etc

Any help, cheers in advance
    Wayne

2. Hi Wayne
    Did sandals Montego Bay many years ago, it was a bit”tired” I think it was their first resort, however, I think it’s been refreshed and updated since. Also done sandals Ochi in Jamaica and Got married at sandals Antigua last year with butler service and it was fantastic. Really like the sandals adults only resorts. When I was in Montego, we were advised not to walk out of resort for our own safety and remember it not having too many restaurants, this may have changed :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Why would you want to go anywhere, and spend thousands in the process, and you can’t explore for your own safety?

I don’t get it.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Go to italy. Sorted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Yeah, Butlitz in the sun.

But if you want to fly n flop, then it works.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sounds like a posh prison.

. Cant imagine anything worse than being stuck on some sort of complex, 'for your own safety'.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Also, it has bugger all to do with bikes, and even less with Ducati, like too many of the threads these days (IMO). There's even one about buying mattresses ffs!
    I'd quite fancy a new toaster, anyone have any suggestions?
    Whinge.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. End of September is right in the middle of the low season when it’s slightly cooler especially at night and there is a higher chance of rain which is probably why you have been offered a good deal. Being low season there will not be a big choice of entertainment or local culture festivals so it is very likely a ‘resort’ hotel will be your entertainment for the majority of your stay. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I believe they call it hurricane season but this doesn't always mean your weather, region or area will be effected.

Some as android mentioned, go into a partial closure with less guests so it's worth checking what is in the brochure is available at your time of visit and some do their "updating" in the low season, so it's worth asking is the hotel doing any building work in the low season whilst I'm there. Kid free is great, I tend to use Thompson gold for that

12. We have a resident toaster expert in @chizel - very experienced in all kinds of useage too :):upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. It would be mainly for crumpet!

14. But the bike stuff is so dull, does anyone really care what oil to use, where to put the tax disc, if the V4 is 1/4 of a second faster around the M25 than the 1299 ? Come on man, its the other stuff that makes this forum the best around.
    Now, how many slices do you like to toast at a time ?

• Like Like x 4
  15. Will this help you grumpy pants Joe? :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Nope, mainly for when he falls out with electronic devices :thinkingface:

17. FFS, I already said; it's for crumpet not toast. I have long since solved my bread toasting conundrums!

18. Get your Warburtons ready sukka,.... BOOM
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Thanks all, will do one more night shift then book something tomorrow. :upyeah::cool:

20. Am gonna look on line tonight but have heard enough to maybe make me re-think ?? Think I may stay a bit nearer considering the timer of year, canaries, Cyprus etc, and do a longer haul one early next year. @Nigel Machin. I did hear it's had a complete refit at sandals but sounds like it may be a little restrictive?? And @Android853sp , I'll definitely bear that in mind. Cheers all.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information