1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monyash To Meet Up With The Famous Or Infamous Birdie - Now Sunday 2nd September 2018

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by its me, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Still in the diary @its me

Would be good to meet up with you for the ride down too, I could nip along the M180/M18/M62 to meet you or meet you a little further down the route??

Looking forward to it :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sounds good to me mate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Do you know your route to Ladybower yet? If so, could you post a screen shot up of it so I can see and work out where best to meet?

4. im very very interested in a layby meet up

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Planned stop offs/pick up points for me will be:

1. Hartshead moor services M62 westbound.
    2. A616 Texaco garage huddersfield road Honley at the traffic lights towards Holmfirth.
    3. Glossop high street esso garage
    4. Café on lady bower (see birdies earlier post)
    5. Usually Where ever Birdie decides to meet us :) after all it is his day!
    6. Monyash.

Hopefully some will meet at various locations on route then meet/join us above or at Monyash.
    I'll work out approx meet times later, after I do a dummy run.
    However I suggest leaving Hartshead services at 9.30am.

Pm me for my mobile number. I will have my bluetooth intercom connected should people wish to contact me on route.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I'll probably pop over to the cafe at Ladybower and meet you there, if you can give a rough time of arrival closer to the day.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  7. @its me - Errol, do you mean the A616 Texaco garage huddersfield road Honley at the traffic lights towards Holmfirth or the Coop garage at the intersection/traffic lights??

8. texaco garage hd9 6pe is on huddersfield road honley A616 at the intersection lights. This has a coop store on site.

9. Ok - just wanted to clarify as there's a Texaco garage about 250m further down the road :)

10. 20180705_125642.jpg this is the one...unless it's changed recently?:worried:

11. No.....that's still there :)

12. Phew:upyeah:

13. Be wary of the unmarked speed camera vans that are sometimes parked on the snake pass. It is a 50mph zone and the vans are reputedly dark green/blue. If in doubt take your number plate off and shove it down yer jacket. :p
    Also be wary of the sheep on the snake pass, gave me a real shock as I did not see them until I was on top of them (no yorkshire jokes please) due to the long grass beside the road. Really scary.
    I can't make it sadly as I will be away that week.

Have fun!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Reet the plan is:
    * 9.30 Leave Hartshead services M62 West bound fuelled up.
    * 10.10 Leave Honley Texaco garage (See earlier post)
    *10.50 Leave Glossop esso garage See below.
    20180708_165720.jpg

*11.20 Leave Lady bower reservoir cafe in layby see earlier post, another pic below.
    20180708_133804.jpg

*12pm arrive at Monyash for lunch and chat. 20180708_142134.jpg

Please pm me if you need my mobile number.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cheers Errol :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. im in...cheers for organising

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bump bump , in case someones missed the thread?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information