1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Bad News From The Iom

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Wassy, Jul 12, 2018.

1. More terrible news. I'm surprised the authorities aren't trying to stop road racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Very sad. Hope the other three recover.

It's sponsors who will decide road racings future.

3. You wonder when they will. :(

RIP flew biker

4. R.I.P. :(

A friend of mine sent me a video of the William Dunlop crash today. I hate stuff like this and won't be watching it again. The energy contained in the mass of bike and rider is incredible when it goes wrong. :worried:

5. Ivan Linten is critical too, and two others vey injured all in the same crash.

GWs to them too.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Seen that too, it's one thing seeing a bike go past very fast in control, it's totally different out of control with nobody on it, mind blowing...talk about it hits home in speed terms, I watch live leak but read the comments first to decide if I will view, I decided to watch the above knowing it contained no disturbing images as that I absolutely do not want to see, although to be fair it was disturbing in a different way, I'm not getting into the argument of stopping road racing mainly due to some complete bellend on here who bored me to shit before, I love road racing but god I hate the bad bit, was driving tonight thinking about the accident also about guy martin getting out (I was near guy martins pub probably what got me thinking to be fair)and what his thoughts are now with a baby around, although William Dunlop had a kid and wife is pregnant, apparently he was contemplating retirement makes it even more tragic, rip to everyone...love the road stuff but I'll stick to circuits, I don't want to be near what I saw on that video.

7. I stopped sponsoring my two riders when they moved from short circuits to road racing.
    They were both really good friends and I couldn't carry on supporting them knowing how dangerous road racing can be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I have a couple of friends doing the roads. One crashes, a lot, and has this week too. I fear for his well being.

9. I wish them all well and my regards to the families of those souls lost chasing their dreams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. It’s been a rough few weeks. I follow the sport closely, and am wondering whether the pace of Harrison, Hickman, Dunlop is beyond the rest of the field now and whether those chasing their speed are over-extending. I hope not, and that it’s just a very tragic run of bad luck but we’ve had an exceptional summer of dry hot weather and this has upped the pace.

I dunno... I’m very sad about it, William D was a rider I greatly enjoyed watching, Kneen and Hegarty came over as such likeable people and were versatile and fast, Cowton chock full of potential and with Lintin critical, Mercer still unknown (although his Facebook message of support for Ivan suggests he’s at least alert and making progress), Lyons lost, Evans and Coward injured and McGuinness and Hutchy (and Hamilton) still on the road to recovery... it doesn’t make for happy reading, and when you list them that’s a lot of damage in a little over a year (and I know I have missed others). :(

The short circuits have been carnage too, mind. Not as many fatalities thankfully but we are at a point where a broken back or neck now is almost shrugged off as trivial, which is nuts. Even this morning, the Fireblade has been at it again with Camier sustaining vertebrae injury at Suzuka.

It’s a dangerous sport. Compelling but sometimes hard to love. I hope pure roads racing comes through this and as fans we get to enjoy the highs again soon. It makes the decision to suspend racing at Scarborough until standards are met seems less frustrating and more wise than it did a few weeks back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. More bad news.

Rip james cowton

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. God, what an awful sight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Not Jimmy I hope?

14. Yes, a little off yesterday looking at FB. Repaired with a screen, but every time I see his status updates I kinda cross my fingers. Think one of teh guys that went down was one of their 'crowd' :(

15. It was an awful crash, and I don't know what chance William had, but like Hegarty it's extremely distressing that his helmet came off. I find that aspect terrifying. I don't know whether their injuries were severe enough that the outcome was a done deal or whether this is a factor in the fatality, but that's both riders wearing Bell helmets that came off on impact. :broken_heart:

16. Very sad news i also saw the vid.Was there a machine problem or was it just an accident

Do Not Sell My Personal Information