1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Sodding Hospital!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ghost Rider, Jul 28, 2017.

1. At least four appointments in the next few weeks leading up to an operation in mid-late August and then laid up for three weeks.......

........It's never bloody ending.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Al, you'll be fit and healthy long before Brexit, so chin-up.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Good time to get your bike serviced?

4. Good luck.

5. Ta - and I just serviced the damn bike as well; plus I have got a skip to fill (but not with the bike) and the grass to cut - when its all over I expect to find the Masai in the back garden.

6. Ever onward Al,get the Mrs to do the gardening,in between fetching you another drink/sandwich/TV remote.All the best.

7. Bugger... :(

8. Don't worry, skips fill themselves, within 48 hours it'll have an old sofa and mattress I guarantee.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. And a 2CV... get well soon Al'

10. Get well soon lovely x

11. That's what I thought and said! Nearly 3 years of shit and pain chap.But there is light at the end of a seemingly very long tunnel believe me.Ive never listened to anyone in my life cos I know everything and I thought I was bulletproof? But I soon found out I deffo wasn't and took on board everything they were saying,did everything they told me to do,ate proper healthy (for 1st time in my life!) and things improved rapidly! I can't speak for your Hossie food but mine was bilge and although nothing bad is in it there isn't enough goodness and protein in it? You need good healthy fodder to repair properly so I had teams of friends bringing in healthy home cooked lunches and evening meals with fresh veg and plenty of fruit.Repair quickly chap and all the best

12. That's what I thought and said! Nearly 3 years of shit and pain chap.But there is light at the end of a seemingly very long tunnel believe me.Ive never listened to anyone in my life cos I know everything and I thought I was bulletproof? But I soon found out I deffo wasn't and took on board everything they were saying,did everything they told me to do,ate proper healthy (for 1st time in my life!) and things improved rapidly! I can't speak for your Hossie food but mine was bilge and although nothing bad is in it there isn't enough goodness and protein in it? You need good healthy fodder to repair properly so I had teams of friends bringing in healthy home cooked lunches and evening meals with fresh veg and plenty of fruit.Repair quickly chap and all the best

13. Good luck and best wishes Al.
    Keith.

14. Cheers all.............from being extremely fit and strong, everything went downhill at the end of 2011 when some b*****d somewhere threw a switch. It has been one thing after another, each one seems to impact on something else which crops up.

15. What happened to you? If you don't mind me asking.

16. You wanna be bored?

OK, here goes.

Struggled with major viral pneumonia attack at the end of 2011 - left it too long before I got medical treatment - ended up in A&E with a bad asthma attack on top of the pneumonia. Because I left it too long it turned out that my lungs had been damaged badly - COPD and regular asthma problems diagnosed.

At the time I weighed 12.5 stone and was built like a small brick sh*tehouse, all muscle.

After being on a protracted doage of steroids for the COPD and asthma, my skin went really thin especially on my arms and hands; so I bruise and tear the skin easily.

I was also on inhalers for the COPD and asthma - one of which is banned in USA because it can cause heart attacks.

In 2013, guess what? Yep, I had a heart attack and had a stent bunged in plus the shoved me on a huge dose of statins - within 18 months I was down to 9.5 stone.

Plus, because I was also on blood thinning medication, when my skin tears, it doesn't stop bleeding for at least 24 hours.

Statins also seemed to cause an auto-immune problem in my right elbow and right knee - they swell up for no reason, full of white blood cells as though I have an infection, but I don't have an infection - more steroids to control the swelling.

Because of my weight loss, they decided they had better look into it - colonoscopy on New Years Eve 2016 - bloody painful, some polyps removed but one left near the appendix as there is a risk of bowel perforation - but they still want it removed; however the fact the bowel could perforate it might mean an operation to close it, but that would mean anasthetic which could be a problem given my respiratory condition. So that side is still all up in the air.

And then I got some blood in my pee for two days, so I have just had a cystoscopy - didn't hurt, but now I have a bladder tumour which has to be removed - Get the idea?

Someone, somewhere doesn't like me - I even had bowel cancer when I was 11.

17. Good Goat, Al.

I hope get some of your life back, at least. It's Biblical what you are going through.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Blimey you have been through the mill. Hope things improve soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Arquebus, you've had some bloody bad luck. Goodluck with the op and a speedy recovery.

20. Good luck Al, here's to a remarkable recovery!

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information