1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moselle Germany Trip - 26-29 May 2017

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Pete1950, Nov 5, 2015.

1. I am doing a trip to Cochem in May 2016, over the late May Bank Holiday long weekend. Travel over via the Tunnel on Friday morning, via Belgium and Luxembourg to Cochem on the Moselle. Tours of the Eifel, Hunsruck and Taunus areas (including crossing the Rhine and visiting the Nurburgring) on Saturday and Sunday - lots of great riding roads. Then back to Blighty on Monday via a different route.

Ken Evans and I have both booked rooms already at the -
    Hotel KARL NOSS in Cochem / Mosel: Homepage
    Herr & Frau Noss are very friendly and helpful, and there is a secure private garage for bikes. There are also plenty of other hotels and restaurants etc in Cochem.

Is anyone interested in joining us? Five months ahead is rather a long time for a weekend ride-out, so no rush, but some folk have full diaries and lots of commitments apparently.

@Dave @bradders @MaDProFF
    LIST OF INTERESTED PARTIES
    Pete1950 (booked hotel)
    Ken E (booked hotel)
    Bradders (booked hotel)
    MadProff (booked hotel)
    Dave (possible)

#1 Pete1950, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  2. I can't commit that far ahead but I'm a definitely maybe

3. I assume going on the Friday 27th May, and coming home on the Monday 30th May, 3 nights, just making sure not booking the wrong holiday :)

4. Exactly right - go over on 27 May (tunnel approx. 9am), three nights there 27 - 28- 29 May, returning 30 May (tunnel approx. 6pm). No need to book this soon.

5. Yep sounds good. Be great to get a few more along. May even do a lap of the weather is good.

6. Incidentally, Ken E tells me he now has a Ducati again, in addition to his Triumph.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yep I would be interested, great area to ride. What sort of pace do you guys run at?

8. Medium

9. Or faster depending on the mood ;)

10. On German autobahns, sky's the limit. On twisties, Bradders shows off, disappears, and waits for the rest to catch up at the next junction. On roads I know but others don't, I clear off and try to lose them. On the road back to Calais, we go faster and faster according to how late we are for the train booking.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Is that Medium as in - that is the person you need to contact you after a ride;-)

FYI my Chicken strips are about 100 mm wide ...both sides

...ok maybe 10mm

12. Think you could travel from Lincoln in time to gather near the Folkestone tunnel terminal at about 8.30am? It's about 200 miles.

13. In all seriousness, you ride at your pace. Fast slow medium whatever. If its too slow, and you know where we are going, crack on. Too fast, back off and someone will wait at the next left/right junction

And fwiw Pete doesnt lose me on any road :p

And I love showing off!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I did the 240 mile trip on the morning no problem fm my place so easy done. Makes day one a bit long tho.

15. Yep done it many times but I stay around London with Family mainly

16. My mate showed off one year during one of the annual trips to the nordschleife, didn't feel quite as cocky when he binned it and had to get a manly pillion ride to the hotel before renting a car and driving all the way back home :)

17. HOTEL BOOKED :) I might add Hotels around the Nurburg get booked up very quick at the end of the year, and early next year.

18. @JAM35 - James, this is the Moselle Trip that I mentioned to you today.

19. Have booked leave,m just need to ensure all the other stuff going on right now doesn't get in the way :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. I'm afraid I have just received a cancer diagnosis today. If all goes well with treatment, I hope still to do the Moselle trip in May as planned. There is the possibility that I won't be up to it though. Just thought I should let you know.
    Peter

Do Not Sell My Personal Information