1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Successful Piece Of Kit

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Gimlet, Aug 24, 2018.

1. We've had the most disappointing piece of kit thread, so as we're heading towards September, which piece of kit have we been most pleased with or has exceeded our expectations?

Bought at the same time as my most disappointing purchase, a pair of leaky Rukka gloves, my unexpectedly best buy this year has been a pair of Sidi Canyon Gore boots.

[​IMG]

Bought for my Scotland trip as my go-to TCX shorties are getting a bit long on the tooth.
    The Sidis are a mid-price rather than a budget boot at £250, so you wouldn't expect them to be rubbish but I bought them because Helmet City had ceased stocking them and were selling off the last pairs at £150. I assumed they'd be a heavy and bulky touring boot with limited use for general riding but for the price would at least be reliably waterproof for the duration of my Scotland trip.

In fact they've turned out to be the stars of my kit cupboard. The soles are grippy yet supple and they insulate the feet from vibration through the pegs. They whole boot feels substantial and protective yet they somehow aren't clumpy or cumbersome and they're perfectly manageable on bikes with much sportier riding positions than my adventure bike. They've been supremely comfortably on and off the bike from the word go. I could walk all day in them and there's been no breaking in required. They're warm when it's cold, never sweaty in the heat and they've been totally 100% watertight in the most severe soakings.
    I've even come round to the odd ski-boot style ratcheting buckle which is really quick to fasten now I've got the hang of it.

All in all, they'd have been an excellent buy at full list price. For £150 they were a bargain.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Has got to be my Rev’it tornado jacket and pants. Flow a ton of air with the liners out and are quiet water tight and warm with them in. Can’t complain. Also, the pants work as over pants without the liners.
    07BEE6A8-12C8-42EA-8EEB-D8B79A0F7A94.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Probably my old frank Thomas 1 piece leathers. Been down the road a saved my skin more than a handful of times and been repaired with gaffa tape and cable ties when needed too

0799186F-9DA3-46A9-8D86-8CB52BC1DB5D.jpeg .

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. My Goldtop gloves, until years of tickling carburetors wore a hole in the thumb.

• Like Like x 1
  5. My Daytona boots all day comfort, waterproof and warm.
    Can’t fault them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shark evoline. As a 4 eyes I’ve been using flip lids since the 1st Schuberth came out and had a few makes. The shark is best I’ve had. I’m on my 3rd, I normally get a new lid every couple of years when the visors fkd.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Sidi do have some weird names for their boots. So do Held with their gloves: Who names a glove the Rodney, the Sparrow or the Emotion..? Top kit though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mu motolug trailer its been awesome

IMG_1637.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Starter circuit cabling I got from that well-known thread sabotager, Elise, are great. He's a twit but his cables are excellent for ensuring my 999 starts easily.

Still prefer my R1 throttle and larger rear sprocket mods, though. They're the best, until said twit apologises.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  10. [​IMG] upload_2018-9-24_16-2-10.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Rokstraps... can’t get enough of them

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Baby wipes, great for cleaning everything.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. I agree - the MotoLug is really useful and well-designed.

Kit? I'll go for the Knox Handroid gloves. In red and black.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Trailer's great but there's something very odd sitting on top of it. Can't see without my glasses but it looks suspiciously like one of those Harley Dyno Rod things..:eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Little trailers are a pain to reverse, Gillette razor, smooth shave. Trivago I Never get the left right thing right first time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Reversing camera really helps.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jesus H Christ.... Is that an Evoque?? And wtf is that lump on the trailer? And lose the rim tape on the 1098. Good lad :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. I used to just unhook and spin round. Twin axle was mega easy by comparison

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information