1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Mot Failure Asv Levers

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by camelfarmer, Oct 16, 2017.

1. FF1746D3-1FEA-44F6-BA9D-5CC9831F2077.jpeg

Just had a slightly annoying mot failure for the front brake lever touching the nose cone fairing on full left lock. Even with the adjustment on the most flexed setting. Guy quoted me half an hour of labour (£50) to adjust the headstock. I opted to take it home and stick the OEM lever back on and have it retested (for free) in a weeks time.
    Friendly service from rider of Bristol and only £2 for a large cappuccino.
    Took about an hour and a half to get it done.
    I trashed him on the way back home for failing but I think he enjoyed it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Adjust the headstock??! what was he proposing to do with it? Should have just Adjusted the lever position perhaps if that gets it out of the way, five minute job and then put it back the way it was after.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alternatively, adjust the lock stop so it’s earlier.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I have no idea about any of this. He pointed at it and said we can adjust it. The way it presses on the fairing doesn’t activate the brake so it’s not a safety issue. Thought it would be easiest to just take it home and put the standard lever on when it comes to mot time.

5. Why were you taking the tester home with you? :worried:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Because he was rubbing his headstock

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. He's a funny one that one, watch him :eyes: or maybe don't watch him :worried:

8. suspect mechanic meant this....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. far cheaper to cut a slot in the nose cone though :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. Wasn’t the mechanic who spoke to me so it might have been a case of Chinese whispers.

11. I don't take my bikes to Riders, I use unity road motorcycles for MOT's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bloody hell! Talk about OTT!

My standard levers used to touch the fairings lol

13. Of the Mechanic?:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Yeah my thoughts as well, I think my standard ones touch my fairings at the moment.

15. Or Chinese levers. :D

16. Seconded for Unity Road in Keynsham.

17. Already paid for MOT at riders. Just need to switch the lever and take it back next week. Not worth going somewhere else and paying the £30 again.

18. It’s right they fail them. If they touch, when turning slowly it could pull the brak on and create a crash. So it’s dangerous.

You could just undo the clip on and move it so the pin sits between the clamps and try that. Its a 1min job that could save a ball ache of changing levers.bor just drop it lower and move till it doesn’t foul tank or fairing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. It's a pretty basic and essential necessity to arrange handlebars and controls so that they can't trap your fingers or thumbs on full left or right lock. If they do, it's always been an MoT failure plus it would not pass scrutineering at any race. If you got a tank-slapper you really wouldn't want it to break bones in your hands in addition to your other problems.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information