1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motea Centre Lift Stand ?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by bigralphie, May 11, 2019.

1. Hi has anyone also got one of these ?
    It lifts the bike in the centre like a abba stand but the adaptors supplied don't seem to have anywhere to locate on the bike ,too big to go into the frame tubing
    Bit puzzled ,I have also emailed Motea for info

2. I've got one for my 999... what do you want to know?

3. I'm a bit puzzled too - Motea appear to be a parts shop who sell ConStands which are one of the many Chinese copy's of a 1Jac.
    If you want budget I would go to Demon Tweeks for a warrior (same but cheaper), if not budget then get a 1Jac, but ideally an Abba Skylift as they are the best of this type of bike lift...

4. Budget was the reason I picked it to be honest
    I don't understand where the solid round adaptors are suppose to fit on the Hypermotard 1100 ?.
    I had assumed in the frame tubing but they are too large , I didn't buy the abba stand because its a one off for ducati HY and may not my not fit my ZZR1400 which felt like a waste , might just return it and buy a rear paddock stand instead

5. On the 999 you have to bolt an adapter through the engine mount and then there's a pin on the lift that locates inside the adapter. It's excellent for moving the bike around the garage and doing light maintenance but I can't deny that the Abba job or the 1Jac are superior products / lift higher and at least in the case of the Abba you can position the bike very flexibly. The Constands one is not in the same league but it's stable and I've no problem with its performance doing what it does... it's just quite basic.

[​IMG]

6. Mine isn't a lift ,its just a square frame to get the back wheel off the floor ,the instructions are just a generic drawing of a sports bike showing it fits in the swing arm pivots which of course don't have

7. Thread moved

8. Picture would be great

9. I bought the regular abba stand and I have to remove the foot rests so the adapters fit on my Hypermotard 1100. Could be the same with your stand.

I only bought the abba stand for removing the front and rear suspension. So probably not ideal if you want it for quick maintenance jobs etc.

10. Not the best pic but you can just about see where the adapters fit onto once the foot rests are removed. 20190515_074919.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks for the info ,I will get a refund or swap for their rear paddock stand

12. So ordered a Tech7 paddock stand from busters IMG_20190608_162115.jpg and guess what... the pin is too long for stand but it seemed nice and sturdy I decided to mod it instead of returning

13. Does the modified pin still rotate freely?
    I only ask because years ago with a speed triple, the triumph stand didn’t rotate, and with turning rear wheel to lube the chain, i nearly wound the bike off it. Was very close to a disaster!

14. Yes turns freely ,The pin is sat in the races in the stand I have just taken up the excess space of the pin sticking out of the back ,thanks for heads up though

15. I use the Lift Stand from Bike Tower. Bought it for my Desert Sled now use it for my Hyper 950sp. Superb piece of kit.

IMG_0561.JPG

16. BTW, the Abba stands have adapters available separately for all kinds of bike. Would be annoying if you have to remove footpegs each time tho'.

17. Likewise - Bike-Tower have adaptor plates to fit most bikes.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. I bought a constand for my Enduro Multi a while back and it was a total waste of time, I know my Enduro was a tall bike, the the advert said it was suitable for an Enduro but it couldn’t get the wheels off the ground.

Sent it back and bought an ABBA skylift - no regrets, but it is a little bulky to store ;)

upload_2019-8-22_8-4-54.jpeg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information