1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Go Back To Donny From 2018

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Cream_Revenge, Sep 13, 2017.

1. I'd like that!

2. Great news!! Just down the road :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Havent been to Donni since it was changed ,I liked it before.

4. Jeez I hope not! :scream:

5. If Silverstone cannot make money out of a British round of the MotoGP with it's 150,000 spectator capacity and permanent facilities, Donnington hasn't got a hope even if Palmer has the millions needed to regernerate the track, the facilities and the local infrstructure at Donnington which the previous owners didn't have 2 years ago. International motor sport in this country just doesn't seem to have the following it does on mainland Europe. Look at the weekend, no Rossi, awful weather and they still managed to pull in nearly 90,000 people. MotoGP ticket prices are already some of the most expensive in the UK and it's only going to get worse as Dorner asks more and more from promoters to bring the MotoGP circus to a circuit. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Be a disaster!
    What about that lovely new Welsh circuit?o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. I like Donnington :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Silverstone is the only GP-level circuit we have, simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. It is true that Silverstone is the major UK circuit, but it is very expensive, shit viewing of the racing, you have to walk bloody miles, personally I prefer Brands Hatch.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. I wonder if they'll do anything about the jet fuel... it's slipperier than a greased weasel when wet.
    I can't see the exit from the Melbourne loop onto the start/finish straight bring acceptable either

Brands doesn't even meet WSB standards of run-off, and you can't see the whole motoGP paddock squeezing into the inner paddock

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'd say I'd be amazed if it happened. But then again, greedy Dorna, signed a deal with an unknown consortium for a track that was barely in CAD with part planning permission....so maybe it will end up at Cadwell :upyeah:

12. hells trousers! can you imagine GP bikes round Cadders? the noise would wake the dead (or Horncastle as we call it...)
    I wonder how far the bikes would fly off the mountain?

JPL has steadfastly refused to bring Brands up to WSB standards, I wonder if this has been his long game - to get hold of a circuit that could be made top-level.

Anglesey would be the real one - great circuit with plenty of width and run-off, but entry via a sheep track...

13. Brands would be the winner for me, but only because it's up the road and I could get the wife to drive over & drag my drunk, limp body home :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. I followed rob guiver, both on 899, he came past and on the straights and I thought 'I'll brake when he does'. Maybe not.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Followed my cousin round Brands for a bit on his first ever track day. I was quicker over a lap but his entry into paddock hill boggled my poor mind. He had the young 'no fear' element and it took me about 5 laps to turn that fear off in my head and follow him in.

Wouldn't dream of it on a racer o_O

17. Paddock is a simple visual trick. Turn at the Marshal post, them look up at Druids....boom massive speed and use all the exit up without fear :upyeah:

18. [apocryphal story alert] apparently Troy Corser said the secret to Paddock is to wait until you see God and then brake...

I've raced (badly) there once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Get the barbie out, head straight for craner curves, happy days.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information