1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Gp, Qatar Part 2 *spoiler Alert*

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Android853sp, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Moto3, FP1 on BT Sport 2HD now. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. 13344591-58B4-485F-8957-A85FECA59059.jpeg Morbidelli on a two stroke !

#2 Wassy, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ducati fastest again . But needs a tyre to last full race distance

4. If only.... The smell, the sound, the lack of rider aid, the violent high sides

5. Just watching Moto3 FP3 and Race Control have come down hard on (I think) 7 riders for dawdling on the racing line during FP2 yesterday when a whole bunch just sat up in the closing minutes looking for a tow. All starting the race from pit lane. Andy

6. Lots of dust and sand in the air and a dirty track for Moto2 FP3. Andy

7. they did this last year, and it ended up just getting dangerous with 4-5 bikes bar to bar on the putlane line racing out. They need to sort this out.

surely the tech is there to do some sort of power retardation remotely as a penalty for messing around which will soon stop them. Especially in moto3, could be that it flashes the rain light then reduces 500rpm at the top end for 5 seconds, not enough to be dangerous but enough that it would wreck their session

8. According to the commentator, a starting grid will be painted at the exit to the pit lane, I guess lining the riders up in qualifying time order. I agree there is a big problem but there doesn’t seem to be any one, equitable solution. Darren Binder’s feigned final qualifying run last week was classic which just highlighted how important the teams see slipstreaming is. I don’t have an answer but whatever is use as a penalty needs to be harsh enough to make the teams and riders sit up and take notice and toe the party line. Andy

9. Qualifying conditions were unpredictable and a first pole for rookie Martin so fingers crossed for another good race.

10. Jorge Martin getting his shoulder down going round corners is absolutely incredible. Peco Bagnaia does the same. These new kids on the block will surely give MM93 a run for his money as and when he comes back.

And Suzy needs to get an appointment to get her hair done on 12th April ASAP :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lets hope they do, I’m sure he’ll relish the challenge hopefully he’s not too affected by his crash and subsequent injuries and difficulty healing.

Which hair exactly ;)

12. Go Yamaha....again:blush:. The R6 in my stable, sorry.

13. Quarta and Zarco took 1st and 2nd Moto GP places today. Historical! For last time two French riders climbed simultaneously on the podium was in... 1954. :D

Zarco’s performance on the Ducati is a good wink to KTM and former “team mate” Pol... And to official ducatis as well. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. A very slow burn until 9 / 7 laps to go with some spectacular overtaking moments at the front.IMO

15. I’ll be surprised if Miller doesn’t get a penalty for swerving towards Mir on the straight. Bloody stupid move if it was deliberate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. I’m not impressed with Miller atm. I want him to do well but he’s been poor these past two weekends.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Martin - Champion within 3 years is my guess. Though seeing how stunning his girlfriend is, I would say he is already winning at life.

• Like Like x 1
  18. First view I thought Miller had the second collision on purpose. That's not on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Yes.
    Nice for my fantasy league team as well. My first two riders. Not sure who to sack though...Mir or Vinales. Like the look of the new Ducati rider. Should get lots of points and made no mistakes.

20. And 46. Is he going to see the end of the season?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information