1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Guzzi 1100 Hippo

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by dukesox, Mar 30, 2020.

1. This rather elegant & stylish 2005 Moto Guzzi 1100 Hippo has been my winter bike. I hate the thought of not riding from November to March but equally hate worrying about a delicate flower of a Ducati getting covered in salt and crud & the chain needing cleaning after each ride so last autumn I decided to get a winter hack.
    What a cracking bike it is , particularly for the winter. Nice big fairing and hand guards to keep the wind off. Heated grips too of course . Shaft drive and a bulletproof engine and while it is ridiculously heavy at around 550 lbs the handling is very neutral and balanced . Its very enjoyable to ride too, full of character and fun without the need for speed . Its been a great way to ride through the winter.

hippo.jpg

#1 dukesox, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  2. It’s a lot more handsome looking more than my winter workhorse call it the flying kitchen

EC70FCD1-D927-418A-A34A-D3571B54F08D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Great to see another bike than can be parked almost anywhere without the need to lock it up to deter thieves.
    I did consider one of those but then the Guzzi came up for sale and it was so cheap it would have been rude not to buy it.

4. I often spent more on a weekend away than what the flying kitchen costs me. But your dead right nice to park up a bike and not worry of it’s gonna be nicked:)

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information