1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Moto Guzzi V11 Cafe Sport

Discussion in 'Other Bikes For Sale' started by Troutman, Jun 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I imported this bike in 2017 from Czech , I rode it down to Lake Como and went to the old Moto Guzzi factory with it.
    I then had it transported back as I didn't have time to ride it back.
    It's in lovely condition
    It's had Tommaselli clip ons fitted by the previous owner to replace the original handlebars.
    I installed an electronic MPH speedo to replace the KMH one on it for a UK MOT, and then got it registered.
    Last year I fitted brand new Mistral (Guzzi) Stainless reverse cone pipes and collector box. They have removable baffle if you want noise but very reasonable when they're in. £800
    These bikes were blessed with real Carbon Fibre (in 2003) from mudguard and covers as well as Ohlins front and rear suspension from the factory.
    They were so ahead of their time for Cafe style bikes
    It's a beautiful old school bike and totally over engineered, it will go forever. It's just so cool.

Extremely rare bike that I always wanted and found this one but alas , I can't ride it due to my knees , so along with this i'm selling my Ducati 1000SS.
    One other thing to consider is the zero depreciation costs of a bike like this, it may even go up in value!

May consider PX with a Monster S2R 1000 or S4r
    Please feel free to ask questions

£6500
    Please no daft offers.
    Bike is kept in garage always , near Selkirk , Scottish Borders.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hi Troutman,
    What’s the mileage?

3. It's 15000miles.
    These bikes do seriously high mileage if maintained correctly.
    It also has the dual plate flywheel which is a good thing.

4. Does that include the mileage pre clock change?

5. The original mileage (KM) was entered into the new ETB Speedo. I had to change it as it was KMh only and Mot required Mph. I have a photo of the original ITI speedo somewhere to prove it. That was sold to fund the new one.
    So total mileage is 15K miles and condition matches that. There's a scratch on the seat cowl and a small chip on the tank, no rust/corrosion anywhere and no engine paint peeling off. It's a lovely bike but I can't ride it for very long at all now.

6. I like that, guzzis are cool

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Am looking to change from my multi, and since my V50 I’ve had a soft spot for
    Guzzis
    Don’t know how I’d get on with such a drop of HP as I do like to wring it’s neck on occasions.

• Like Like x 2
  8. It handles superbly but won't be as quick as yours, it's not that type of bike, it's more for enjoying the actual visceral feel of motorcycling without wanting to sound like a tw*t

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. That's as near as can be got to a Le Mans without it actually being one. Great bike IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Have you considered the Multistrada as an option ?

11. I have for years..but I still don't like the look of the old ones and the new ones are not my thing either, I don't get to ride often but when I do and it might only be a 20 mile blast up to the Loch , I want something raw if that makes sense, new bikes to me have lost something , they're too good! I thought a 2SR Monster might do it for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The 1000ss is perfect for a short trip but I would like something I can sit up on and maybe do 100miles on without needing physio after.

13. This is why the early version of the multistrada (2010) would suit you.
    It positively oozes rawness with all day comfort.
    The looks however are subjective
    :)

14. If I had some spare cash and the OP would take my Harley, I would have the Guzzi.

I wouldn't ride it though.....just start it up and listen.

• Like Like x 1
  15. If it was an old Pan FLH or a Road King I might consider it, I love the old Harleys

16. Do you mean the new shape 1200's (the first ones)??

17. 61F75D21-E54D-49B9-8122-888CA5B65333.jpeg
    This sort of thing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. B616F100-6DB2-4054-BDD3-B77C59E5C147.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  19. What do you reckon, fancy a swap?

20. Is this a wife swap for that long weekend:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information