1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Rapido Or W M Snell

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by moz, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Title says it all really, which do people find best for servicing or are they as good as each other?

2. Some may find Andy (Moto Rapido's workshop manager) a tad acerbic; if you can cope with that then the service is good.
    I've not tried Snells

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I always found Snells to be more friendly (sales and service) but I did buy bikes there. But also tended to buy parts from Craig at MR because he really knew his stuff. But I find Wilf a great guy who always makes time to talk racing & tech...not sure about these days.

I think basic service - Snells
    Engine rebuilds or performance work - MR
    Buy a bike - OYB aylesbury lol

4. Is this our Andy, Mr Android 853? Ooh, scandal!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. The Andy referred to in post #2 is not me. Sadly, I only attained the heights of Saturday boy. Andy

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  6. Carling dont do Saturdays boys, but if they did, im sure they would be moulded after you x

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bought my first Monster from Snells, and have had a lot of servicing done there. The other half bought his Diavel there. Snells are nearer to me than MotoRapido. I like the fact that going to Snells doesn't subject one to the usual motor industry sales experience.

However MotoRapido have saved my bacon a few times when they were able to fit me in for repairs (replacement wheel bearings normally) and servicing work when Snells were fully booked and I needed my bike by a short deadline (e.g. for a UKMOC weekender, Italian trip)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks All. You've pretty much summed up my experience with them both. It looks like they're much of a muchness then in terms of annual servicing. I'll admit I've never heard anything particularly bad about either. I've had better technical advice from MR but that could just be down to the fella I spoke to.

9. That's interesting and I'll keep an eye on the wheel bearings. Are they a common fault on the Monsters then? Luckily I can probably get those sorted without a trip to a dealership. (He says! Everything else I've tried to do myself has been a total PIA so far!)

10. Wheel bearings are a known weakness on early 696 Monsters, especially high mileage ones like mine and a friend's. Primus, my 10 year old 696 has done over 77000 miles and is on around its 6th sets of front & rear wheel bearings. I have had more new wheel bearings than tyres over my 10 years owning it. (I do get insanely good life out of tyres, being a lightweight slowcoach)!

11. That's impressive mileage on a Ducati for sure! You may have had more belts than tyres haha.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. How have I not heard of these? I already take my HD to Steve Piper in Eastleigh as it's only down the road. I'm amazed I've not heard of him before.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Worth using

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I'll pop over and speak to him in the next few days then. It would be handy for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Another shout for Paul at PGPerformance in Eastleigh. Helpful, knows his stuff and my valve service was about half of the price quoted by Snells and MR.
    I use Moto Rapido for spares as they are nearer home but bought my bike from Snells and had all servicing done there until I discovered Paul this year.

• Like Like x 3
  16. I will go and see him this week. I wonder how he's so much cheaper.

17. He's not a Main Dealer that's how :)

18. Fair point but even the back street guys I know are £60+ nowadays. I suppose it adds up in a valve service

19. Not main dealer, lower overhead, looking to build an independent rep. If I wanted a motor built or fixed, I’d take it there. He built my race bike and suspension and used to insist he serviced my bike when he was lead technician at Snells.
    Can’t recommend enough

Do Not Sell My Personal Information