1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto V Colchester

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Noods, May 1, 2015.

1. Moto V of Colchester for Ducati servicing and repairs + Mots

Glens going really well on his own already, ( thanks to everyone's support) if you want to see his impressive workshop go to his facebook page... Moto V Colchester...

He's been very busy and already had a beautiful desmocedici in for a little work..

He should have his website up and running in the next couple of weeks..

So why don't you go and give him a look, if your in the area..

• Like Like x 3
  2. Let me know when he has his web site up, don't have f book.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sorry to jump on such an old thread but i can't add a review to the relevant section.

I had my bike serviced at Moto V last week new belts, service and a few other bits that needed doing I was very impressed. Glenn is a thoroughly nice bloke and takes care of you bike he even touched up a mark I had made on the frame by being a noob with my Abba stand.

Highly recommended.

Fred.

4. Fred..
    On Glens behalf ... Thank you for the feedback.. It's truly appreciated.. X

5. Going for a ride to see him in a couple of months as belts and shims are about a 1k miles away from need doing, hope he has a kettle :upyeah:

6. His tea is like a good Ducati.. It's .. Tasty and very reliable.. Enjoy.. X

• Like Like x 1
  7. I also very highly recommend Glen....he is a top top guy and mechanic, and will sort out your bike with no fuss! Definitely worth visiting, especially if you are Essex/East Anglia based. We are not blessed with many dealers here now, but are lucky that Glen set up Moto V....

8. Very kind and considerate words of praise David.. Again thank you on Glens behalf.. As a indie Ducati business feedback such as yours makes a tremendous difference to his business profile.. His hard earned skills learnt via the Ducati Factory and wonderful personality and boundless enthusiasm is something we should cherish, for it has become a rare commodity.. We are truly lucky to have him in our area and I'm sure he can continue to rely on our support along with that of many many new customers too..
    X NöOdS

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi Noods, He certainly can....I've known him for years, and he's always done a great job, whether at Parkies, or now on his own. I used to travel from North London, but am now local (Colchester).

To everyone else, I'd say pick up the phone and have a chat with him, then make up your own mind. He will only do what is necessary on your bike, and won't give you any BS.

I was speaking to someone recently, and they took their 749 to him...spitting water it was. Everyone told the guy "head gasket"....he took it to Glen, and he said "overfilled rad....run it up to hot a few times, and it will stop". He did, and it did. Sorted. Guess where the guy is going to get his belts done? ;-)

10. I was speaking to someone in my local bike shop two weeks ago who mentioned he had just got a 748 which hadn't been used for a few years and had just dropped it off at Moto V for a full going over.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yep that's our Glen.. I'm very Lucky to be able to call him one of my most special friends.. I'm not really sure whether the bike, or the person, comes first with Glen? .. But I do know, either, would be way before he ever thought of himself.. One very Special Guy, One very Special friend, for us all...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Picked my 848 up last weekend from Glen at Moto V,

Had valve's checked and all fine :upyeah:,oil+ filter, all fluids, belts and plugs and now waiting for a bit of dry weather.
    I found the tea/service very good (but no biscuits) and Glen is very knowledgable on Ducati's and talked me through in detail all the questions i asked about my 848 and 748, good to know he is not to far away and based in Essex. Im sure i will asking him more question soon :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm so glad you had a good visit mate.. it's so nice to hear.. don't worry I will be having a word with Porky ( Glen) over the biscuits..

14. Does any one know where Glen at Moto has moved to as I went past his place today and found the whole area fenced off , I know they were going to going to build houses on the site but never knew when . I wonder where they moved to ?

Cheers

Brian

15. Did go up to his unit or looking across from the road as there has always been a large wooden fenced of area, his website has the same address,

16. Yes its very strange as the road that goes onto that old factory estate across from The Range now there is now a large gate blocking access to that estate were the old Parkinson shop used to be and a few other stores + work shops I know the plan was that it was all going to be built on and Glen was looking for a new place but its clear now that his gone .But not sure Where ?

17. Moto V,
    Glen 07771 615469, this number is on his website,

18. New workshop is Fordham Rd. CO63NS

• Like Like x 1
  19. I’ve spoke with Glen..

Here’s the response ..

Hey!!! How the bloody hell are you noodles
    New address
    Moto V
    Unit 5
    Fordham road
    Fordham
    Colchester
    CO6 3NS

View attachment 166603

New workshop above....

Still setting up will have to do workshop in a few phases but back on the tools getting through backlog ..

Updating website in a few weeks..

He’s taking bookings for work though so just call him pls 07771 615469

NOODS x

#20 NOODS X, Aug 23, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information