1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp - Misano Or Aragon Travel Tips Wanted...

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by ResB1299, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Looking at potentially going to either Misano or Aragon this year for one of the rounds of MotoGP. However, no idea how to get there. Just want to fly over, preferably from a UK northern Airport but not crucial then hire a car or jump or use public transport once over there.

Does anyone have any tips they can share, i.e. where to fly from, hotels, best viewing areas etc. I'd appreciate it. :upyeah:

Rich

2. Alcaniz, Aragon is about a 3 hour drive from either Barcelona or Valencia airports. Misano is about a 2 hour drive from Bologna. IMO at this late stage you are more likely to find accommodation for Aragon than Misano and there are more flights per day to Barcelona than Valencia or Bologna. Hope it works out for you :upyeah:. Andy

3. Misano ALL day long!
    Aragon is in the middle of a frickin desert in shitsville.
    Misano is near Rossi's home town, is his 'home' race, it's basically right on the Adriatic coast and is a MUCH nicer place to visit, chill, watch races, eat good seafood, and watch pretty girls. It's also next door to the principality of San Marino which is a nice old place on a hill to visit if you're taking any bitches.
    Job done.
    Ps. Fly to Rimini and you're seriously close already

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Aragon is in the middle of no where but it has excellent viewing spots and it's an easy trip from Barcelona which is an amazing place. There are also a bunch of small medieval villages nearby that have some decent restaurants for the days you're at the GP.

I agree with the other points about Misano but the track is much better at Aragon so there's plenty of plus points for either venue.

5. Thanks for the replies. Been to Barcelona and quite liked it to be fair. Maybe Misano is the one to go for and tie it in with a visit to the Ducati Museum.

[edit]

Now thinking of biking it there!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've done both, you can ride to Misano easily in 3 days leaving from Hull/Newcastle taking in Switzerland, Maranello, como on the way as I did some years ago.

Misano gives you more places to see nearby - Tavulia and VR's pizzeria, Catolica and the Simocelli museum to name two.

7. Yeah riding to the Adriatic coast via Switzerland is something you won't forget in a hurry...
    If you do ride make sure you treat the Alps from Switzerland to Nice as a MotoGP track, then from Nice take the coast road to Viareggio, from Viareggio drop down to Livorno and take the cross-country route to Forli via Firenza (Florence).
    The roads are mountainous, twisty and great for bikes.
    By the time you arrive you will have become a biking god.

8. you cant fly to Rimini or at least you couldnt 2 years ago.
    you can fly to Bologna catch a bus for two quid down to the station. then a train to Rimini for 20 quid

9. Misano every time - 100%

10. Misano - and hope Rossi wins as it makes the atmosphere like nothing else.

11. Its worth going to Misano for the nightlife alone. You'll definitely be mingling with the stars in the bars, everyone seems to go there. Its cool as fook. I think it was Brazilia where we stayed. Litterally got bored with cuddling superstars there were that many. Ohhhh yeah, and Rossi, just on a practice lap,,,, the hairs on the back of yer neck stand to attention alright. I found it all quiet emotional :blush:

12. I've been to Misano about ten times. If your interested the train runs from bologna into the centre of Misano , as has been said it's a costal holiday spot popular with the Italians , try checking out hotel vanni for good food and a family run atmosphere. The track is about a two mile walk or you can use the free buses.
    Visit tavulia and experience Rossi madness. Coriano and see the simoncelli museum which is actually very tastful. Ducati factory tour( book it online ). If youv a car try the ferrari museum , very enjoyable. Or relax , eat, beer, mucho bella, sand, sea and enjoy.
    The locals are super friendly in a genuine way . Visit hoochi's restaurant and watch him rev the nuts off the display bikes at 11pm, and enjoy his good grub and beer.
    Track is great to view at though is usually a sell out and to guarantee a view try the stands, is you want to mingle with the rabble try pratto 1.
    If your going make sure and report back to the forum and mark your visit out of ten.
    We usually head over as a group of bike loving couples and treat it as our summer holidays so a week or ten day visit is perfect and I'd class it as 10/10.
    Hope this little review helps. And above all remember it's a short life, bloody enjoy it.

#12 idrinkbeer, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  13. image.jpg Trackside at practice.

14. Based on my Mugello experience this year I'd say hang back from leaving the circuit for about 3 hours after the last race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Misano is ok to exit and in fact has a great wee bar near the front of track to watch the world go past.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information