1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Next Year....any One Up For A Road Trip?

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by andy huggett, Oct 16, 2017.

1. I am planning a bit of a road trip next year and was wondering if any fellow Ducatisti is interested in sharing the experience.
    So the 2 GP's in question are the Mugello and Catalunyan ones as they are 2 weeks apart.
    My plan was to ride to Italy, stay in Florence and ride to Mugello daily for the race. Next 10 days spend it riding Lake Guarda then on to the Med coast road through Genoa, Monaco, Niece, Montpellier and into Spain, Through the De Mar's area (awesome road i know well) into Barcelona to watch the Catalunya GP, then from Barcelona through the Andoran mountain roads into France then home. 2 1/2 weeks i reckon.
    If anyone else can get the time off work, and wants or fancies a blast in the heat and smooth roads of Italy, Spain and France, let me know and i can start planing it properly :)

2. I've been to mugello for the moto gp in 2016. We cheated and flew there.
    A truly amazing weekend with my dad for his 70th . The place is absolutely bonkers. People pushing shopping trolleys into the circuit with an engine in with 6ft exhausts. Security don't bat an eye.
    Can't see that happening at Silverstone!

3. Agreed Mugello is one of *those tracks* where the insane are let out of the mental hospital for the weekend, Catalunya isnt much different just a tad tamer :)
    You cant beat the Italian passion on any given race day, they just do mental at a very different level, but closely followed by the Spanish.
    I remember the nutters just revving to the limiter and watching bits of engine fly out of the exhausts, whilst holding on to a cold Peroni and laughing. Poor bikes :( and crazy Italian fans :) All in all some of the best weekends racing and fun i have ever had in my life, just dont expect to sleep much for the weekend if your going camping at the circuit...i will be in a 5* hotel by the way :D

4. Hi Andy,
    Wouldn't be able to get the time off to do both, but riding down with you for the Mugello race might be option and then making my own way back.
    How far along are you with the planning?
    Regards, David

5. And welcome Dave. Introduce yourself properly in the newbies section, there's a good chap :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Sounds great, shame I can’t do those dates :-( Very jealous :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information