1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Refund

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Mark9, Aug 28, 2018.

1. My wife and I along with 90,000 others at Silverstone got a bit of an unpleasant surprise on Sunday when the MotoGP race was cancelled, I just spoke to Silverstone and was told that “details of the refund will be emailed to ticket holders in the next 3 to 4 days “, so if you’re in the same position as us there could be good news on the way, hopefully!, I’m not sure how anyone buying a ticket with cash at a circuit kiosk on the day will go on though?.

P.S. amusingly MotoGP highlights is on TV tonight, I guess it will be an hour long close up shot of a puddle?

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. I bet they didn't sell many tickets on the gate. I cried off 2 days before when I studied the weather forecast. Last night they were still scheduling the highlights on terrestrial TV. Think they might struggle to fill an hour long slot.

3. Thread moved

4. I may be wrong and hopefully I am but I’d be surprised if theres any refund forthcoming.

5. If no refund then hopefully the numbers next year will be a lot less, we won't be there for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Could be kiss of death for Silverstone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. It will be if they don’t sort the drainage out, it wasn’t raining heavily at all prior to the 11.30 cancellation, it then rained quite hard so common sense said it would be cancelled and we cleared off, I think we were the first ones out of the circuit!, didn’t see anyone else driving out as we left, I’m surprised that others stayed tbh but I guess people were just hoping upon hope!

8. I hung on an hour longer than you but couldn't see it happening, so we left. Still not many others leaving at that time. A friend of mine stayed until four. I didn't ask but I imagine there was a mass exodus to get out of the place once it was announced!

9. What was the traffic like getting out?

10. We left at 12,30 as knew it wouldn't happen.

11. Mildly slow getting out via Stowe at 5:30 but that was because the traffic management was one way up to Dadford then two way after that which caused chaos. Last year it was one way up to the Stowe House junction so the change this year confused the hell out of us. Andy

12. I read somewhere about G.P. ticket T+C's that they'll only refund ticket money if their event insurance pays out.

13. My tickets were bought through the MotoGP ticket store and I’m quite happy with their compensation gesture, which is essentially the same package again at a choice of either Valencia or Aragon this year or the British round next year free of charge.

Top marks to them for a prompt response.

• Like Like x 3
  14. That was a very expensive piece of tarmacing but fairplay to them,i guess you chalk that up to experience:upyeah:

15. Did they offer any money refund or just tickets.

16. Just tickets, which I was quite happy with so didn’t pursue further.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. I bought via Silverstone directly and have just received what's best described as a "holding" email, saying they were in discussions with their insurance, and would be in touch with more news imminently...

18. I bought directly from Silverstone too, but have heard nothing from them yet?

19. 20180829_192002.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. So, no insurance pay out, no refund.

Given all the press about poor surface etc, if I were the underwriter I’d be repudiating based on negligence.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information