1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Silverstone At Least Three More Years...

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by Masklin, Nov 11, 2017.

1. I thought it was going to Donny? Love hate with Silverstone. Very poor as a spectator circuit, have to walk miles inside it. But reasonably good facilities , if you know sneaky ways in and out its a doddle . Very expensive too. I have been 3 years on the trot and i said to myself i would now like to try a European GP with good viewing places, probably Italy as I think I would like to experience VR fever while he is still competitive. And Dovi too ofcourse, maybe even JL next year too.

2. Donington doesn't have the infrastructure for it currently. It needs a massive injection of cash to improve the facilities. The circuit is great, the rest is a dump.

3. With Palmer cash, that could happen. But...I don’t think Palmer will want it. Too little control and too little profit for him

4. Silverstone, the most boring motorcycle circuit in the UK bar none.

Oh well, watching it on telly it is

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Well I'm happy with the decision. So happy in fact I've just bought our tickets and looking forward to it :). Andy

• Like Like x 3
  6. Got an email from Silverstone to take advantage of their early bird bargains. One hundred and nineteen quid X 2 in Copse grandstand, they can think again. It will be seen on TV for me.

7. The Dorna circus doesn't come cheap nor does it share advertising revenue with the venue so the only way to recoup the costs is ticketing, car parking and the franchised food and clothing stalls. Come up with a business model that can match the attendances at Valencia where more than 200,000 spectators came through the gates over the weekend with over 80,000 just on the Sunday and the ticket price will drop. Jonathon Palmer told the WSB to take a hike when Brands could no longer afford the price to bring the that circus to the UK (2002 ish) and absolutely nothing has changed. Silverstone didn't want to afford it even with the facilities so it went the Circuit of Wales (no idea how without the facilities) and Donnington can't afford it either. Dorna and F1 are just pricing themselves out of the UK market. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Palmer had the right idea in 2008 by acquiring British Superbikes. Why pay Dorma and make very little money when you can run your own championship.

9. Great news, the fastest bikes on the fastest circuit :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information