1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motogp Vs Superbike Spain Vs Uk

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by alexko, Nov 29, 2017.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  1. Good read. Can't blame Dorna, wrong passport, most things boil down to money in the end and how you preform. Not so long ago it was American's and Australians ruling, where are they now. I don't think any of the brit's in MOTOGP did well this year, when interviewed they all looked pissed off or bored, make excuses blame the bike/tyres' etc. Danny Kent walking out on his team, will only no what happen by what the media say. Scott blaming rear tyre problems all season, pundits say he's to big, don't see anything changing at Aprilia. Bradley just quoting what the press office tell him to say, not performing on the bike like Pol did. Lowes got shafted by Aprilia, didn't help himself by crashing a lot and what the media tell's us. Crutchlow must have done something right got his HRC contract, but i think he underachieved this year compared to other years. John McPhee always looks like he is going to cry when interviewed, had some good ride's but most of the time mid field. I do feel that there is to much, the data says this, so this is what you are using, sometimes a huam is right and the computer is wrong.
    They all got job's most would want given the opportunity. They all wont make mega money to be able retire on, some will have to get proper job's when it's all over. As a nation the british have always been good at blaming everyone else or others, need to look at yourself and up your game.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. So in one hand you say it boils down to money, and you end up by giving the statement above about the British?

You're welcome to your opinion obviously, but with a statement like that I'm intrigued as to what part of the world you're from and how you've come to think that of 'the British'?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Such as when ?? And what may I ask, incredibly great nation are you from ? (Trollsville I suspect ?)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. From his profile he says he's from West Sussex. So that's France then :)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Oi Tel, when do you ever hear us Southerners have a go at you Norvern Monkeys ? So thats a bit uncalled for don't you think ?? :upyeah::p

6. Face it. Cal is highest profile: always moaning. Smith next: always ‘mega’. Redding next: always moaning. Lowes next: ‘mega’ with moaning slipped in. So seems a pattern...

But the ACU point in the article is an interesting slant for sure.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. This maybe true bradders, but considering the talent that Spain and Italy have, and considering the size of our rock, do you not think it's a great achievement to have that many UK riders in the most elitist race series on earth? Cause I for one, most certainly do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yes, and other than Cal and Lowes they came thru living and riding in Spain first.

9. It’s the weathers fault. Spain and Italy have nice weather, so lots of little race series for kids.

We get cold and wet weather so nobody wants to start a series that nobody want to come and watch because it’ll likely rain anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. We've got way more riders than Germany, and more than France (both of comparable populations). Or Hungary/Poland and Romania combined. Ireland by contrast (depending what hat Michael Lavery wore) have massively overachieved by head of population. San Marino likewise, but there are tax reasons for that

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. And.....??

12. And....they therefore take the benefit of the Spanish system. Keep up man :punch:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Very similar to those in formula 1 coming and living in the U.K. in their early career as that are were most of the teams are based.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Still from the UK though which means we are still producing the talent and so you giving them a kicking is what I was questioning to start with.

15. I do not see the opportunities for (very) young children in the UK to experience competition that exists certainly in Spain. The Circuito de Cartagena has facilities for kids as young as 4 and 5 to "race" mini motos in a relatively safe environment without the interference of health and safety. If a kid falls off, dad rushes out, dusts the rug rat down and off he or she goes. I know there is an active motocross scene in the UK but don't understand why tarmac riding doesn't have the same interest. One thing for sure is the availability of kit. You struggle to get kit for women riders in the UK let alone stuff that would fit kids. Andy

16. Not giving anyone a kicking, however positioning how the fella above could come to that conclusion. Personally, I think the U.K. overachieve in numbers of participants, and underachievers in producing the absolute best.

17. Could argue though that we don’t produce the talent. It’s merely born here and cultivated in Spain if they’ve come up through Spanish championships.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Fuck me, what's wrong with you lot, unpatriotic bunch of whiners. Look at WSB, BSB and look at those in GP who were not bought up in fecking Spain. We have alot of talent..... :upyeah:

#19 Wayne58, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Didn’t say we had no talent, just that those that have spent years living and racing in Spain hardly qualify. We’ve got loads of talented riders, multiple champions etc.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information