1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motomatrix.co.uk

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by Percy, Jun 4, 2018.

1. I have had the keys, ignition lock, transponder, immobiliser and ECU for my ST4S stolen by this company and I find I am not alone, I have found 3 others who have also sent their parts to the address on the website, paid Mr Ian Best and never get the parts back.
    In my case I sent the parts in December 2017, paid in January 2018 and received the parts + replacement keys in mid January. The new keys worked in the locks but the bike wouldn't start, I spoke to Mr Best and then sent all the parts back to Powys together with the engine ECU. Initially he answered the phone to me and said they were reprogramming the immobiliser, week after week went by with more delaying tactics until I asked him to return the parts, since then he doesn't answer the phone unless I use a number unknown to him when he hangs up as soon as he recognises my voice.
    It appears Mr Best is resident overseas (Spain), his bank details are a general head office account, his Linkedin profile suggests Shrewsbury but this is the nearest major town to the workshop in Wales. The only contact is via the website which is registered in Germany and the cellphone number from the website
    BEWARE THIS BUSINESS IS RUN BY A CROOK WHO HAS GONE OUT OF HIS WAY TO BE UNTRACEABLE.

Anyone else who has had unsatisfactory dealings with this website please contact me.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yep. Sent them a 749 ECU in 2014 that they did nothing with and billed me £120 for a recode and unlock. Fortunately @chrisw sorted it out for me, for which I was grateful.

Motomatrix are crooked. I agree.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Contact the police?

4. Maybe not stolen, just lost in the matrix?

5. I am not sure if Sting does ECU decoding.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. He doesn't but Stewart Copeland does :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I have done but they claim it is a civil matter and aren't interested as apparently if he just ignores me and doesn't return the parts that isn't theft. Its only theft if he says he won't return the parts

• Crap Crap x 1
  8. Did you pay by paypal or credit card?

9. If you've paid by credit card you can at least reclaim what you've paid them, it's quite easy but a bit long winded.
    Steve

10. Just a quick update , at least the publicity repaired Mr Best's phone! I spoke to him 2 weeks ago when he told me he was doing nothing pending my litigation, I replied that the threat of litigation was based on him refusing to return the parts and he agreed to send my parts back, two weeks later and no sign of the parts so I suppose its litigation he wants.

11. Really sorry you're having to do through this :confused:

12. Further update:
    I have just managed to speak to Mr Best who has now refused to return the parts he has had since mid January because of my postings here and elsewhere. He encouraged me to sue saying he has good lawyers.

13. Well done plod/the law!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. An absolute disgrace, sorry for your problems and hope you get justice in some form.
    Steve

15. Doesn’t matter how good his probably imaginary lawyers are. You’ve said what happened and you’ve stated how gay has made you feel. Nothing illegal about that, but withholding parts is.

16. any updaters on this? I been had too...:(

17. He’s bluffing. Go for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I am now in a position to post an update on this.
    Soon after my last post I commenced legal action against Mr Best using the online Government service, cost £105. Initially he ignored this however after the grace period had expired and faced with the prospect of a court judgement for new replacement parts he e-mailed me to say he would return the immobiliser which was all he had. I replied he had all the parts listed earlier and he denied this, to cut a long story short I have now received all the parts I sent him although at first he denied having the engine ECU, they were sent from southern Spain.
    Needless to say despite having had them for 8 months they don't work. I am out of pocket £365 for 2 keys that won't start the bike but now I can refuel it!
    Fortunately having sourced some secondhand parts @chrisw sorted out my problem for which I am very grateful.
    The best spin one could put on it is that he is utterly disorganised, keeps no records of what he is sent and in the end can't actually reprogram immobilisers, certainly not the Ducati one anyway and that his customer service skills verge on nonexistent.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Glad to have helped. Was at DUCATI John’s on Saturday morning helping get another ST4S immo problem sorted. I am not aware of anyone who can sort the standalone immo box out.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information