1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle Emissions Tax

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Mark9, Mar 12, 2020.

1. I just read that there may be a move to tax motorcycles on emissions same as cars, but it’s a shame as it’ll no doubt cost those of us that enjoy riding older bikes, 900ss for example , a fair bit more, evidently it’s to encourage us to buy newer bikes, nobody will ever convince me that a rider using the same bike for 20 years has a higher carbon footprint than a rider that buys a brand new bike every year, anyway it’s pretty obvious that the treasury figured out it’ll make them more money, therefore it’s also pretty obvious it’ll happen, 2 of my bikes are already tax free maybe I need to buy more of those! , come to think of it a Kawasaki triple is long overdue in my garage:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Won't be long before emisions come into the bike mot.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. already here aint it? bikes older than 06 cant go into london without paying a fee... unless you get a dispensation....

4. Totally agree. Surely the way to save resources is to reuse, reduce and and then at the end of its working life, recycle a product. Does anyone in power ever think about the bigger picture rather than meaningless and probably fudged (a la the VAG diesel swindle) figures?

Like eleccy motos, ebikes (which I love) and leccy cars being trumpeted as "zero emissions". Perhaps they are at their non-existent exhaust pipes, but they aren't at the factory they were built in or the coal or gas fired power station which charges their batteries.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Have you had your 748 certificated mate? If so, where, as I have getting on for half a dozen bikes that need doing.

6. I don't predict paying a bit more for tax a year will motivate folks to go out and buy new.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. You need an H2, no doubt about it.

kawk.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. I want a H1 or H2 Engine - can't find one :thinkingface:

9. its more than a bit!!!! its a fee every time you go into central london as far as i know.... as it stands and it will spread.

10. well anyone with any sense wouldn’t be swayed by it, but my wife sold her perfectly good 3k focus and bought a 7k Fiat because the tax was cheaper, go figure:)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  11. i haven't dude... im on the outskirts of london as it goes and unless i need the bike for work it won't affect me. that said, id like to be able to get at least one bike covered incase i need/want to use it in central.

12. Just missed out on one for 6k last year , my mate bagged it, very similar to the one in your photo, he got a total bargain, luckily he only mentions it every time he sees me! :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. when we fancy a change we will use any excuse I guess.
    I bought two Ducs to half th running costs..
    price of living in the city, suck it up or moving out are options.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. I registered all mine for ULEZ auto payment with TFL to avoid fines as I occasionally used to commute to central from N20 and I once took a wrong turn after leaving the Bikeshed and ended up in the zone, but as of June next year it’s extending to the A406. You’re in Southall aren’t you, so you won’t be a million miles from the extended boundary when it happens.

That was one of the factors which made me leave London when I moved house at Xmas. I was about a mile outside it but as my car is a ‘99, collecting my boys from their mum’s house in Wood Gn or collecting the girlf from certain tube stations would have cost me £12.50 as of 2021.

15. And I thought Man Maths was bad :yum

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Bloody EU with there silly taxes and laws :eyes:o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. yes not far from the 406 at all (3 miles) but unless for work or going to the ace, i never really ride in that direction...but id like to be able to should i wish without getting slapped with a fine or paying 12.50 a hit so i will get at least one bike up to code if i can.... the scrambler would fit the bill but i plan on shifting that soon ish

18. There is a thread on ULEZ (I'm no good at searching - sorry) detailing where you can get exemptions from either the factory paperwork or have an emissions test done in Lahn-dahn.
    From memory standard 916 (with one intake taped up), ST4 and 748R were all exempt no problem :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Next it will be that we cannot modify the bikes engines without approval.
    Remaps - Gone.
    Aftermarket exhausts - Gone.
    Even tampering with the dreaded exhaust value may end up as a fine?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I put ULEZ in the Search Bar and pressed :bucktooth:
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/london-ultra-low-emissions-zone.60795/

• Thanks Thanks x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information