1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle Rental In Vegas For One Day

Discussion in 'Touring' started by Speedmouse, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Hi guys, I'm attending an exhibition in Vegas next week and could rent a bike for the Saturday giving me a 6am start and returning the bike at 5pm on the same day. I've been to the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon before so I'm thinking of riding into Death Valley. Has anyone made this trip and do you think it's worth it given the time constraints.

Thanks in advance

Steve

2. Death Valley is not too far from Vegas. Definitely achievable in the time. You won't have long in the valley but I'm sure you will find it interesting.

3. went to the red rock canyon which was pretty good with good roads and only 45 mins maybe from the strip.
    came out of there and followed some bikes to a pub about an hr from the strip, that was good.

4. An alternative would be to ride to Calico Ghost Town, around 150 miles from Vegas -

Calico Ghost Town

• Like Like x 1
  5. I was forced to attend a conference in Vegas a couple of years ago, with a free weekend, and three of us rented Harley's from the Las Vegas main dealer for a day. The dealer provided a number of different routes with realistic timings (1/2 day, full day, 2 day, etc, frequent stops, etc).
    I think we went through the Valley of Fire and then to the Hoover Dam and then back to Vegas with a few stops on the way, but took all day.
    If I remember correctly the dealer didn't recommend a ride to Death Valley as the roads and scenery were a bit boring (even though wherever you go it's all desert!) but the scenery through the Valley of Fire was spectacular.
    Don't know what bike you are looking to rent but would recommend trying a Harley in that environment, rather than trying one on the snake pass....
    Mr Bimble.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks guys, some food for thought there. Thought about hiring a vibey BMW S1000xr or a F800GS. Hate Harley's I'm afraid. I'll hire a bike for sure, Valley of Fire looks good. I'll do some research. Thanks!

7. Not much to see in Death Valley, Zabriski Point is interesting for its views of the weird marble-cake landscape of rock formations and a ride through Twenty Mule Canyon on the way into Death Valley is worth doing if you're there, but having done it, wouldn't go out of my way - better use of time to check it out on You Tube

Do Not Sell My Personal Information