1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycle USA Praises Ducati Diavel For The Second Year Running

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by Ducati News, Jan 4, 2013.

1. ducati cruiser.jpg
    The beginning of a new year gives us time to reflect on the one just past and there was certainly a lot of things to ponder over the past 12 months especially when it comes to Ducati. However, even though the company suffered a poor year on the race track it has, according to esteemed industry publication Motorcycle USA, had another great year in terms of its Diavel model as it has come in for even more praise.

Ok, the Diavel in question was not produced or even brought out in 2012 (it was actually made its debut in November 2010 and was designed for 2011) however for the second year in a row Motorcycle USA has named it as their ‘Cruiser of the Year’.
    So, just why has the Diavel been so popular as a cruiser? Motorcycle USA put much emphasis on the Carbon model of the Diavel which is some 11 pounds lighter than the standard (it is 452 pounds) and much of this weight loss is thanks to its carbon based trim and fairing as well as its Marchesini wheels and Marzocchi fork.

The 1198cc Testastretta superbike engine also came in for a lot of praise and the fact that its superior traction control helps to make the Diavel easy to ride even with below average skills contributed greatly to the widespread acclaim that the model has received.

It has been pointed out by some that, in terms of style and design, the Ducati Diavel is not a traditional cruiser. Probably the only real classic cruiser design trait is the 240mm rear and its traction control and multiple rider modes hardly scream classic cruiser – but they work and work well which contributes greatly not only to its popularity but to its respect within the industry.
    So, for the second year in a row the Ducati Diavel has topped the ‘Cruiser’ category from Motorcycle USA. Will it be toppled when the 2013 review is out? It will be hard to beat. Yamaha, Honda and Harley-Davidson are all bringing out new models this year and to top the poll for a third year in succession is highly unlikely; that being said, it might be foolish to bet against it.

ducati cruiser.jpg

2. How can you put the Diavel into the 'Cruiser' category, is it against a Harley, Victory, Triumph Rocket, BMW ? no wonder it wins. The only bike it has in the same category is the new V Max. Perhaps Power Cruiser, having said that the average mileage on second hand Diavels suggest they're being used for touring or 'croooooosing' .... They sold well last year over 500 in the UK but not quite so strong in 2012.

3. I quite fancy one actually

4. They're fantastic.....best Ducati I've owned, just don't like them in the 'cruiser' category......

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pmsl only coz you're tassles are italian not yanky ;-p

6. seen that bike for sale in Italia Moto in Lincoln looks amazing and if i had any mony i would have it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information