1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorcycles On House Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Steve m, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wondered if anyone has a motorcycle listed on there house insurance?
    I have a Yamaha R1 4xv that I'm looking to bring into the house out of the garage,I don't really want it out there through another winter, if I'm honest it was only ever bought as an investment
    I'm just wondering if household insurance company's will insure motorcycles kept in the house.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. My guess is no. Read the small print.

3. Which small print should I read ??

4. I think you should read the yamahar.co.uk forum , it won't tell you about your house insurance but it's great for R1 owners :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Your house insurance won't cover a vehicle. Why don't you buy "laid up" insurance?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Multibike policy and tell them it's kept in the house. I did that, and they were not surprised at all. Quite common for bikes to be kept in the house.

I will look for a laid up policy, possibly a "classic" policy next year when I finally retire the 749.

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. You should find a general exclusions and/or conditions section in the full policy wording, which is typical in insurance polices. This will state what the insurer is not covering (i.e. in your household policy). It is not usual that an insurer underwriting home insurance risk would underwrite a motor policy risk. Different risk / loss profile and therefore different pricing etc.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Thread moved

9. I own a Ducati too, smart arse !

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  10. I must be smart i have an R1 ;)

11. The print that's small :joy::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Yr comment might be funny if it made sense
    I didn't ask which print , I asked which small print

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  13. How many lots of small print have you got? Serious question btw.

14. I thought (probably wrongly) that storing bikes in your house invalidates your house insurance as it's effectively a petrol container. That's why they make houses attached to garages, slope the floor away from the house to pass regs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Your probably right there Jh ..

16. Rather than rely on a bunch of hairy arsed bikers that haven't got a clue why don't you call your insurance company and see what they say, then post the reply on here for our information. #justsaying ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Boo! Hair arsed bikers know best. Especially internet based forum dwellers ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Were you bullied at school ?

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. Oi !!! My arse isn't hairy cheeky shit :mad::p

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. And he had a massive paper round too ;)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information