1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motorspa Swadlincote To The Rescue

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Carbon749, Aug 3, 2021.

1. A few may have seen an earlier post, talking about the Ceramic coating deal that Gary at MotorSpa offered the forum members.

Following an incident 2 weeks ago, I needed Gary’s help again. I went down a local fast A road that had been resurfaced a few weeks earlier. I was travelling at pace, when I felt the sting of a “chipping” hit my thigh, didn’t think too much of it.

Looked down about 15mins later, to see the chipping, covered in tar, stuck to my thigh and trapped between my leg and the tank. The tank was covered in tar, with a number of deep scratches into the clear coat, with a few down to the paint.

Gary wet sanded the area, machine polished it, then recoated with ceramic. I know where the damage was, and can only just see one fine scratch, if you didn’t know to look for it, most would not see it. I was convinced it was respray time.

Gary has done a great job, for around 25% the cost of repainting that section of tank.

Before and after pics. In the after pic, the “white” mark is the sunlight, the small scratch that is left, is too fine to pick up on the camera.

C0233FF3-66BF-4858-BB41-24DCA4678D96.jpeg 63E8C035-7B1A-418F-9E58-18CBF2F4D075.jpeg 6124BBB4-7EE5-4A2E-B171-48A07C06C967.jpeg

#1 Carbon749, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  2. What was his forum offer ?? I’d be interested in the ceramic coating !

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information