1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motovudu Latest Vid

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by bradders, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Subscribe people, its worthwhile :grinning:

This one is down changing under braking.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Had a day with him at Almeria last week. Top bloke!
    And we touched on this downshift lark. I was sometimes turning in in too high a gear. By going down one it tightened my line and gave better drive out the corner. Full gas in 2nd on a 1098R is err, interesting....

• Like Like x 2
  3. What gearing combo you running?

4. From OE I'm 2 up on the rear and 1 down on the front.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. I don't in any way wish to appear rude, but I'm not sure what we're learning from that ? If folk listen to this kind of fundamental instruction, then I'm guessing they are new to riding ? I appreciate videos of how to ride a bike but surely this is for newbies (not you @noobie) who have no concept of a bikes handling and what it does under turn in on the brakes ?? Most track day riders on here will already brake with 2 fingers (maybe even 1) while rev matching on the way in, I do this on the road, so who is this aimed at ??
    (PS, I ain't Marc Marquez like some on here, but this is very fundamental stuff)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Most don't do it, even most racers too probably. Tend to brake....then just before turn in drop gears. Also, a lot of his other advice is different to the CSS type stuff of track riding.

For anyone that rides on track, its worth subscribing

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. best teacher i had by very a long way

8. It's a cracking video

9. He’s broken the mystique of the dingly dangly leg now too ;)

10. I had a play with that recently to see what all the fuss was about. First time my foot actually touched the floor, it got dragged back and I nearly ran it over !!
    I'll be keeping my feet on the pegs from now on :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Hehe yeah, I was behind a guy a few times doing that going into corners at a TD recently, was brilliant watching as he was way slower than most in the group :D

12. I do it into left hand hairpins. Nothing to do with drag: legs are fat so it allows me to get back on the toe on peg for the corner

Do Not Sell My Personal Information