1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie Maker Recommendations For Ipad

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by CRYSTALJOHN, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Just got myself my first action camera,an Apeman.

I’m after recommendations for the simplest, easiest to use, movie making app to use on my iPad please.
    I shall be taking my camera to India shortly where I ride my bike through the jungle, so the light levels will be good but the camera will be shaken about a lot. I haven’t decided where on the bike, or how I’m going to mount the camera yet.
    My initial experimentation with mounting the camera on my mirror stalk on my 1000SDS were not that encouraging as the camera was shaking too much, I didn’t have the anti shaking function switched on, don’t know how effective that’s going to be.
    I have just been watching some underwater footage that my mate took diving in Indonesia where the water was crystal clear and the colours amazing and it was like watching Blue Planet ,the quality was outstanding.
    I appreciate that my ameuter attempts are not going to match the diving stuff, and the camera is going to be shaken around a lot, so would be great to pick up any tips before I go in a few days.
    Cheers.

3. Brilliant Tel.That takes me back. Love the Ape on the piano.

• Like Like x 1
  4. iMovie is definitely the easiest

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thanks @Hyperextended . This is all new to me, so good to know what's easiest from someone who knows.

6. It's also free :)

Read all about it here

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Looks almost too good to be true.
    I have downloaded it. First impressions good.

8. Have you thought of mounting it on your helmet.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yes, have given mounting the camera some thought. The so called 3m adhesive pads that came with the camera were completely useless, they wouldn't have fixed a postage stamp, let alone my camera.
    Just ordered some genuine 3m adhesive pads from eBay.
    Stuck at the first hurdle however as I am unable to get the video onto my iPad to edit. I've been attempting to use 'Finalcam' app wi-fi ing from the camera to the iPad. Been buggering about for hours with no joy!

10. I’ve got an apeman camera too, I tend to record to the sd card and then copy that to a computer.
    I think using the FinalCam app I got it connected but it was a pain to use. If I remember correctly it basically acted as a remote camera from my phone, so you’re supposed to use the phone to record.

Maybe easier to record to the sd card and then transfer to a computer - if you want to edit on your iPad you could email the files to yourself.

11. I can successfully wi-fi photos to my iPad using the FinalCam app.
    Not had any joy with video though, all seems to work ok, shows the video having been transferred, but when I try to look at the video it doesn't play.
    I can transfer the video to a computer in a cyber cafe via the SD card in India ( reluctant to do this way as the computers can be virus laden) and then do some editing before uploading to say u tube.
    Can't email them as they will be too large a file.

12. Is it possible to change the format of the video file, it may be saving the files in a format that is incompatible with the iPad ?

13. Think I might have discovered the problem.
    I downloaded FinalCam app onto my iPad, but I think the app is only for a phone.

14. Steady on Alan, your speaking of technical stuff way out of my comfort zone lol.
    Think I have the gist of what your saying though, I'll have a try at different format if possible.
    Cheers.

15. Ok.
    Good luck.
    Will have a look at mine tomorrow if I can and see if I can be more help.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Looking in the setup menu, the only thing that I think I can alter is the image size.
    I currently have it set to:
    12M 4032x 3024.

17. You can get an iPad (lightning) to SD card reader wire. Then you just import the videos directly to your iPad.

18. Great, didn't know they existed.
    That will solve my problem.
    Many thanks fire3500, much appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  19. One of these. When I first got my camera I only had a small SD card. Each day I loaded the photos onto the I pad and then deleted those I didn't want (on Hols)

image.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. I use the laptop to edit and make viewing the pictures a pleasure
    I have Pinnacle on. A dell lap top just for movie making. I am no expert but get some pleasing results

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information