1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Msv Noise Limits - Road Bike Track Days

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Carbon749, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Hi,

Looking to do a MSV Road Bike track day at Donnington.

They have a noise limit of ride by 98 DB.

My Diavel has a full termi system. If I put the baffle's in, any idea what the DB level will be on a ride by?

Or, does any know where the noise limit is measured, can I get away with shutting off at certain parts of the track?

#1 Carbon749, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  2. 1048 Db :blush:

3. Girl friend's titanium full system with baffles would IMO pass 98db drive by. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  4. Or that answer as it will be more accurate :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Download a dB tester on your phone (if it’s a smart phone) will give a bit of an indication of static noise level. I use dB meter pro

6. Download a dB tester on your phone (if it’s a smart phone) will give a bit of an indication of static noise level.

7. No need to download it twice..... It’s just the Forum wiggin out again :joy:

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Just ease off as you come around the final left hander on to the main straight. I believe the mic is on the gantry just as you start to run along the pit wall.

9. If it's anything like the No Limits one I did a couple years ago you won't stand a chance. I went on my K5 1000 and was pinging the limiter with a long can and no baffle.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Ive just Donnington on my 899 with full Termi, baffles in. I got pulled on the last session for hitting 99db (98 limit). Now, the interesting thing here is that on the previous session I had been out with an instructor and he told me to tighten my line into Goddards which meant running closer to the gantry/wall that Damodici mentions above. Up till that point I had been drifting wider and not had a problem with noise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. The noise meter as mentioned is on the pit wall. I go down the far side of the start finish straight and short shift until past the gantry.

I got black flagged early in the day when I went past side by side with another bike and I got black flagged on the last session of the day when I revved out through the gears.

This was on my 1098 with termis and baffles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. So, it looks like, baffles in the full termi, stay to the right of the track and short shift on the first half of the start / finish straight.

Downloaded a DB meter app, measure the bike on tick over with no baffles, around 96 to 97DB. Will fit the baffles and see what difference they make.

Thanks for the advice.

13. You'll be fine with baffles mate, I've done 2 road days at donny, had to use baffles on both k5 1000 and cbr600rr and there were plenty of 899s, 1299s and a couple.of rsv4s there.. didnt see anyone get turned away..

14. Apparently your not allowed to use tyre warmers on these "Road Bikes" days and they even prefer you ride there rather than van/trailer.

15. They will make you hold the revs at around 5k for the static.

16. Donny is drive by only.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information