1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mt696 2008 To Now

Discussion in 'Monster' started by mgrover, Mar 28, 2016.

1. So I want to purchase MT696 for my A2 license. I have two questions about the ordeal.

Whats the bike like restricted, will it be ruined or still enjoyable? Am planning to get an air restricter since I want to keep the throttle snap preferably intact.

The second issue is, is there any particular issues from 2008 to now that have been fixed by newer models or will buying a 2008 version if needs be, be fine

edit: Also can the same be said about the 796?

Cheers

Martin

#1 mgrover, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  2. I don't think the 796 can be restricted but maybe wrong.

It's not going to be ruined but clearly it is going to be different to standard. It's mainly the top end it going to change but with a bike the needs to breath as much as the Monster I don't know if I would go the route of the air restrictor.

The riding position changed in the 2010 onwards model so see what you are more comfortable with. The only problem I have with mine is paint corrosion on the engine casing.

3. Tbh am not planning on using it to attempt 100mph runs daily. Its just a work and back then messing around with it in the weekends.

You can restrict the 796. I assume if I keep it dry and polish it, it should be alright?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603111862924

thats the one am looking at. The remap will probably help with the issues people seem to have about the lugging. I've similar issues with my 125cc so I assume its just a matter of feathering the clutch.

Also this ones at 10k miles. Any ideas when next service might be?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information